Jump to content
calbur20

WE G3

Recommended Posts

There actually seems to be at least two types of trigger guards, one like VFC (sharp edges) and the other looking like WE’s (rounded edges).

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update from KY Airsoft just now.

Quote

[Breaking News!!]
[Upcoming product]

An update on Umarex (WE) H&K G3A3 GBB on the final selling price, Stock will arrive within next week, get your pre-release-order in KY airsoft now !!!

Umarex (WE) H&K G3A3 GBB
https://www.kyairsoft.com/…/u…/deposit-h-k-g3-gbb-rifle.html

 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/guns/umarex-gbbr/deposit-h-k-g3-gbb-rifle.html

$390 USD

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have them in Czech by Jul 21 (shipment to “my” shop got delayed).

I am still hesitating, would prefer WE, but just if my wood set fits w/o mods.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the cost of an LCT g3, a regular AEG with full metal body (but what a metal body), so I don´t think that if you are after a GBB "realistic" G3 that should be a bad price at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic, but Bada Bing, just out of curiosity, when / how do you use guns like this in games in the UK? I usually manage fine with GBBR in SMG / AR / AK format, but once it gets to 7.62x51 style like my M1A, with such low capacity and giant mags, I've never worked out what sort of games to bring them to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I know what you mean. My only experience with 7.62x51 GBBR was a disaster, the VFC 417 I had wasn’t really skirmishable. Was more of a replica that just happened to take bbs. 

My answer is I just don’t know. I’ll have to see how this G3 gets on when I take it out. It’s got 30rd magazines, not 20. Should make it a tiny bit easier. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dat full auto ROF. :P I tought they fixed it from the prototype. I guess with the heavy bolt and long travel length they had to comprimise. Now I wonder if they ever finish their AUG they teased a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a guy on a FB VFC owners group that has built a G3K A4 out of one. It makes it a bit more manageable and looks insanely good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be marketed as CETME rather than G3 with that horrid trigger guard.  But hey, shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or can we?

 

As for 7.62x51 GBBRs I think we have not evaluated enough of them to say.  Currently we have:

WE SCAR-H - My experience has been quite positive.  Accuracy is good as is the recoil.  Reliability and fieldability is similar to the SCAR-L.

VFC HK417 - BDB's "Replica that so happens takes BBs" as a good description.  In hot weather the gun kicks like a 556 rifle and prone to bolt bounce which leads to double feeds,  cold weather it has problems cycling 15 rounds before it dies.

VFC SR25 - Tested, cycling rate is far too sluggish for a GBBR even in warm weathers.

 

So it would be good to finally test the VFC G3 and the WE G3 (if they can fix the CETME trigger guard)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is really a no need to be "turned down" by the trigger guard. As I have already mentioned, there were at least two versions. VFC replicated the edged one and WE the rounded one - which you can find during a few minutes on google ;-)

The US Export version G3:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?33942-The-HK-G3-Semi-Auto-Rifle/page3

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/52/1657/heckler-koch-g3-rifle-762-mm

HK-G3-1962-Golden-State-19-1024x624.jpg

VFC type: https://www.keepshooting.com/g3-steel-trigger-group.html

WE type: https://www.keepshooting.com/hk-g3-steel-stripped-s-e-f-lower.html

 

Bundeswehr rifle:

84937d1484286030-1960-hk-g3-rifle-153807

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 3vi1-D4n said:

It should be marketed as CETME rather than G3 with that horrid trigger guard.  But hey, shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or can we?

 

As for 7.62x51 GBBRs I think we have not evaluated enough of them to say.  Currently we have:

WE SCAR-H - My experience has been quite positive.  Accuracy is good as is the recoil.  Reliability and fieldability is similar to the SCAR-L.

VFC HK417 - BDB's "Replica that so happens takes BBs" as a good description.  In hot weather the gun kicks like a 556 rifle and prone to bolt bounce which leads to double feeds,  cold weather it has problems cycling 15 rounds before it dies.

VFC SR25 - Tested, cycling rate is far too sluggish for a GBBR even in warm weathers.

 

So it would be good to finally test the VFC G3 and the WE G3 (if they can fix the CETME trigger guard)

 

 

There is also the WE M14. Good accuarcy once you prevent the hop-up from misadjusting. Then you need to fix magazine movement and the trigger set. Also it's heavy as F. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zereck said:

There is also the WE M14. Good accuarcy once you prevent the hop-up from misadjusting. Then you need to fix magazine movement and the trigger set. Also it's heavy as F. :P

M14 has been such a sleeper hit.  Not many people I know have it, and having worked on it there are too many flimsy parts to break.  But yeah it is fairly accurate and heavy, but since I haven't used it in the ranges of temperatures we have here (0-30*C+), I can't tell you how fieldworthy it is.

I have owned many VFCs (M4, MP5/SD/K, G36C/K, 416/417s)  and owned many WEs (Thompson, MP5K ,M4, M733, M16A1, G36, SCAR L, SCAR H, AKM, Keltec PLR16), and everything I collect has to be somewhat authentic, but most importantly they have to be fieldable. 

 

Traditionally, VFCs are better wall hangers while WEs are better for skirmishing, but to be fair I would need to put both VFC and WE G3 through its paces.

 

 

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3vi1-D4n said:

M14 has been such a sleeper hit.  Not many people I know have it, and having worked on it there are too many flimsy parts to break.  But yeah it is fairly accurate and heavy, but since I haven't used it in the ranges of temperatures we have here (0-30*C+), I can't tell you how fieldworthy it is.

I've used it quite a bit on that temperature range, it does just fine as long as you use the right gas for the given temperature (propane for 15 to 35ºC, propilene for 5 to 25ºC, black gas for -5º to 15ºC). It definitely needs a steel trigger unit, there's no way around it on that gun. 

But that one is about 10 years and one of WE's first "let's see if we can do something on our own" adventures. They have come a long way since, and I trust their newer designs to be much more reliable.

I'll be working with a friend to turn that WE G3 into a PSG-1 for the most awesome GBBR DMR ever :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, blobface said:

@Bada Bing Maybe it could prove to be DMR worthy...! Who knows :D

 

I hope so. It’s been years since my last attempt with the HK417, and there’s a lot of 3rd party upgrades out there nowadays. 

 

8 hours ago, 1st Commando said:

well if badabing wants to meet up to compare the WE to the VFC he knows he is welcome to 

Cheers buddy. That would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.