True 6mm BB Manufacturer?

Tariel

I'm having a magazine fitment issue with my double stack magazines and some of the bb's available. Seems that anything smaller than 6mm, tends to jam side by side in the magazine path way. Anyone have a list of bb manufacturers that produce a true 6mm bb?

You won't really find that, except for actual ball bearings.

If you're having jams in a double stack mag, it is generally a combination of friction and the sideways stacking.

Try to clean your mags for wax/dirt buildup, then give them a thin lubing.

Using highly polished BB's is also recommended in double stack mags (or just in general).

Jams in double stack mags is most often caused by "bad" (doesn't take much) BB's.

I recommend G&G and SRC in this regard.

I'm convinced it's due to manufacturers decision to make BB's 5.95mm as opposed to 6mm because of everone's fascination with 6.01mm tightbores. I know truer sized BB's don't give me my side stack problem.

I think G&G are truer sized, and you should try those to see if it solves the problem.

I think G&G are truer sized, and you should try those to see if it solves the problem.

G&G are 5.95. That's the "true" size for any bb. It's industry standard. The only other standard is the 5.88 "Japanese" norm, which are KSC and just a couple others. Anything above 5.95 are simply really, really bad bbs that are oversized due to problems with moisture

Seriously, there is no such thing as 6mm bbs. And that's OK. Jams are not caused by a OD off by a couple of microns, but by deformed, poor quality bbs. Use anything with good quality as G&Gs or BLS (or any of the million BLS rebrands) and you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

KSC are 5.88mm?

The KSC I have are not 5.88mm.  They are no where near that small.

Actually I wouldn't be surprise KSC are really undersize.  We have seen a lot of them double stack jammed in the GBB mag channel.  

No one makes exactly 6mm anyway.   Most are between 5.96 to 5.90 and it's all about how tight the tolerance you want to control.  Otherwise you'll be wasting a lot of materials.  

Actually I wouldn't be surprise KSC are really undersize.  We have seen a lot of them double stack jammed in the GBB mag channel.  

No one makes exactly 6mm anyway.   Most are between 5.96 to 5.90 and it's all about how tight the tolerance you want to control.  Otherwise you'll be wasting a lot of materials.  

Oh you show up here, but ignore me on the Krytac forums...

Oh you respond to him, but ignore me...

Ignore is such a harsh word...rather unable to grant your request is more the issue.

As mentioned, by KSC are in a bottle...long dumped out from their original bags.  So, I cannot put them in the picture as a background.  But, KSC in my know history with them are 5.92/5.93mm class bbs, this is indicative of their size all the way back over a decade ago. 

In my classification of bbs KSC are Small bore IMHO and the picture shows it calipering at the known range.

38491939442_1e6bc93dc0_b.jpg

Archived