Tokyo Marui MTR16 GBBR

Wingmann

Very interesting rifle, as a race gun person I like this a lot

M-Lok handguard, obviously

one piece aluminum barrel

Full ambi lower (selector, mag catch, bolt release)

Ambi charging handle (sort of, just the latch accessible from both sides)

more upright grip angle like magpul K2

the stock is brilliant, reversible lower part, so user can choose concave or plain slanted pad

but the huge hole on top is confusing

no mention of cerakote finish :(

Was wondering how long it'd be before a civvie-build looking AR came along.  Not sure why they ignore trademark law when it comes to all their gun markings then go out of their way to manufacture some (imho) mega fugly made up furniture like that.  I know it's kind of the norm for AR AEGs now, but their military style rifles are far more authentic looking by comparison.

I feel like anyone who is that much in to the US civilian shooting scene that they'll deliberately disadvantage themselves with a 16" barrel, isn't going to like this look/styling.

I feel like anyone who is that much in to the US civilian shooting scene that they'll deliberately disadvantage themselves with a 16" barrel, isn't going to like this look/styling.

That's the spirit, and I actually did that on my SCAR-L race gun (in fact, slightly longer barrel/front end could be an advantage)

in similar logic, making your gun blue (maybe also install blank firing adapter) and call them training weapon, it's more authentic then a full deck replica in some way lol

• 10 months later...

Archived