Carrying antes airsoft gun on the plane

chas

OK. So Im in Bangkok and I was able to buy a Cayote G2: a Kriss Vector AEG made by Ares.

My plan was to disassemble it completely and carry it in my checked baggage, but I am having second thoughts now.

Neither the company nor the Thai authorities answer my questions. Its imposible, in part due to the language barrier.

Would you risk it?

I ended up my Pants and returning it. 500 baht returning fee, about 13€.

The shop keep then told me other customers told him it was OK to take it on the plane, but the airline said no way.

So das right now...

Etihad Air, United Arab Emirates airline. Im sitting in Abu Dhabi for 4 hours right now waiting for my connecting flight yo Madrid.

I was assure twice over the phone and again un persona at the airport by the airline that they do not allow BB guns on their planes, even un the checked baggage.

I assume that the airline does not actually checkout the contenta, but only airport security, but I did not want to risk losing a flight, having the gun seized ir, todo fornido, being arrested un Thailand.

Most times I fly overseas I end up with airsoft parts in my luggage, often quite a lot of them. Nobody has ever said anything, customs, TSA, airlines. I never ask them, I just break everything down and wrap them in my socks or whatever. I've only flown western (oceania, north american) airlines, nothing south east asian though. I was nervous going through the big x-ray machines for the TSA the first time, but now I don't really think about it much. I dare say I would in Thailand or Indonesia though, they're not really regarded as progressive countries.

For airlines, you can never be sure. They can change opinion upon check in etc and then you're *fruitcage*ed. Also the multiple instances that will check your item can delay you enough to miss your plane.

There's also usually a cost for it (unless you already have luggage), and in some cases an extra cost for fire arms / sporting weapon luggage, that amounts to more than the price to ship it.

I heavily recommend shipping it. Too late now though.

Archived