Modify MOD 90 Semi-Auto Shotgun

AG1212

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A gas semi-automatic non-shell-ejecting tri-shot that takes TM shells is near enough the perfect skirmish shotgun, IMO. Make it tri/hex-shot like the TMs and it will be nearly unbeatable.

Make it a Benelli M4 Tactical (or even an M1014, with gas stored in the magazine tube) and they'll be so popular they'll probably get elected.

On that note, I can't identify the model they're replicating. It looks like an 1100 but the ejection port is all wrong.

I'm actually hoping for minimum to no recoil, the TM gas tanks don't hold that much as is and the capacity of the original gun wasn't that great, I'd be happy if they use just enough gas to cycle the semi-auto firing, but not into any felt recoil, because to have anywhere near enough that it feels good, the efficiency would be very poor, and any half way attempt would be so worthless that it might as well not be there to trade off for the skirmish efficiency. 

*either that or it's a double action trigger... :S 

My educated guess goes to that this is a replica of the Mossberg 930 tactical.

But the receiver looks truly horrible : (

Like a Cyma or golden eagle at best.

4a4ad4e27e283f13e7d4f5c8f3731970.jpg

I have 2 1100’s but no revision been looking for one but they seem to be quite rare. I guess Japan is the place to find one...

I kind of get the feeling that their idea of semi automatic is actually a manually actuated system with a really hard trigger pull.

Not that I think it couldn't be properly semi auto or anything, it just seems more likely.

As for the looks, it seems like they started with an m870, but tried to dress it up like a mossberg 930 without making a new receiver or trigger guard.

Somehow i feel that this is going to be a marui M870 internally with the action bars linked to the trigger pull (Double action). But if its not, then this is very very interesting even if the receiver and ejection port looks off.
Also i am baffled with their choice of gun... They could go with a benelli that everyone and their mother wants one, AND it has a lot fatter and longer receiver which means more space to work out a mechanism to fit.

I think they're trying to use the least new parts as possible, at least in this stage of development. Hence why the receiver is quite clearly based on the mold of the Marui 870. The ejection port is machined differently, but that's an 870 shape from what I can tell.

My educated guess goes to that this is a replica of the Mossberg 930 tactical.

But the receiver looks truly horrible : (

Like a Cyma or golden eagle at best.

4a4ad4e27e283f13e7d4f5c8f3731970.jpg

I have 2 1100’s but no revision been looking for one but they seem to be quite rare. I guess Japan is the place to find one...

Would you ever sell one of your 1100's?

Archived