Modify MOD 90 Semi-Auto Shotgun

AG1212

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM killed all gas in shell shotguns with the M870 really...

Really not true.... APS gas in shell system dominates the entire competition shooting market for 3gun, being able to load shotguns realistically is half the fun.. with alternative being PPS / Tanaka with too low bb count and Dominator that has similar problem. 

The guy says the shells will hold the gas, that's the moment I lost interest on it, if they made a TM clone, just semi auto they would have a real winner there. aside from that, the 45 degrees selector caught my attention

It seems quite confusing, the girl in a different video says a 30 round magazine goes in (I'm going guess that's the TM shells as they also hold 30), and that it shoots 3 per shot, and the "shell will not come out when you shoot it", so this might be the dream after all.

It seems quite confusing, the girl in a different video says a 30 round magazine goes in (I'm going guess that's the TM shells as they also hold 30), and that it shoots 3 per shot, and the "shell will not come out when you shoot it", so this might be the dream after all.

True, I managed to understand that there would be two models of the shotgun, maybe one uses a TM mag style and the other one similar to APS or Tanaka? we´ll see once the product is finished but I don't consider a system skirmishable unless it's the TM, which I believe is the one selling more units, being TM itself or JG clones/rebrands

Really not true.... APS gas in shell system dominates the entire competition shooting market for 3gun, being able to load shotguns realistically is half the fun.. with alternative being PPS / Tanaka with too low bb count and Dominator that has similar problem.

someone created Dominator-APS "chimera", problem solved lol

someone created Dominator-APS "chimera", problem solved lol

Yeah I know, I own one of those.. :P Still, my point was that gas in shell is very much alive, just not in your average day skirmish, that said I've used a HS mad max shotgun modified for APS in games and it's hilariously awesome, and Catgutviolin's got a few videos up where he played fine in CQB with them. Anyway, off topic.  

Go figure, it's a tri-shot (therefore with a triple nozzle) gas shotgun that works pretty much as an SMG or pistol GBB, with a bolt and nozzle assembly retracting with the gas blowback in order to load three BBs and reset the trigger. And it uses the regular 30BB magazines to feed the system.

I guess some will nearly understand it now, four months later.

He says it's not GBB and the shell auto ejects when empty.  Can't be right.

He made quite some questions to the lady that knows. That means his details might be slightly off or just not very clear in his mind.

Gas in the stock or gas in a Marui style container, for example. Impossible to know. He doesn't know and the lady doesn't clarify much.

What I gather from his gestures is that "it's not a GBB" means the bolt cover and the charging handle don't move while firing (ie it doesn't have a full moving realistic bolt), but rather a light internal bolt to reset the hammer and load the BBs. He says, though, that the charging handle is used to cock the hammer and load the chamber for the first time, very much as in any GBB. I don't recall any NBBs that require to rack the bolt...

I'm not saying it's not an NBB with a double action trigger (that would be a pity), but somehow I doubt it is.

About the shell ejecting he says at some point "that's the plan", so it could very well just a push rod that forces the regular Marui mag out while opening the usual "door" when the mag is empty... or just something that will never be taken to the final gun. I don't see it incompatible with any loading system anyway, except that on an empty NBB gun EVERYTHING would have to be done with the trigger: reset the hammer, move the nozzles AND open the trap door. Heavy as hell pull?

Is that a Remington 1100 replica?

Seems they kinda missed the most iconic gun to put the system in, the M4 Benelli. Entire point of that shotgun lol.

Hopefully it's possible to squeze the internals into something like that, I wonder if a Saiga conversion would be possible...

Hopefully it's possible to squeze the internals into something like that, I wonder if a Saiga conversion would be possible...

If they are using a marui type feeding system then that would be very hard, since the mechanism sits at the start of the magazine tube and there is no space on a saiga for that... Magazine fed shotguns are going to need a different system that would need R&D that no companies seem to be willing to do...

• 11 months later...

After blobface reminded me about this in the PP-2000 thread I asked Modify if there were still plans to release this.

The reply was as follows.

"It is not yet possible to determine the time of publication."

So, I don't think that it's cancelled but it is a bit ambiguous.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a video recently (be damned if I can find it again) that indicates this shotgun will have a single inner barrel. It seems like a semi-auto/NBB version of the Marushin M500.

Pity, really. You'll never get proper range out of a single inner barrel shotgun.

43 minutes ago, ardrummer292 said:

Pity, really. You'll never get proper range out of a single inner barrel shotgun.

I had no trouble getting comparable range to AEGs with my old Maruzens; the problem was more the low power. The Marushin and clones just never had much in the way of hop-up to begin with.

Anyone know if there's any connection between this gun and the Cybergun semi-auto tri-shot shown off at IWA 2019? Check out 4:25 in this video:

Edit: On further inspection, looks like some significant differences, starting with the fact that it's a different model gun and doesn't appear to be blowback. Might just be a re-worked SG9000. Adjustable hop is neat though.

8 hours ago, ardrummer292 said:

I watched a video recently (be damned if I can find it again) that indicates this shotgun will have a single inner barrel. It seems like a semi-auto/NBB version of the Marushin M500.

To emulate what catgut said, I had a maruzen m1100 which was upgraded to 400fps. It would throw a .4bb well over 50 metres, with OK accuracy too. 

I used to vary loads in the shells for different scatter patterns, or singles to snipe with. Interesting times! 

Sorry for off topic 😃

Archived