ASG CZ75 SP-01 Shadow. How have they held up?

Wingman

Back into CZ mode again and I'm currently considering the ASG CZ75 SP-01 Shadow.

I'm a big fan of the ASG CZ P09 and consider it as one of the better C02 capable pistols and I've also owned their CZ75 pistols for a long time. While the P09 has a much smoother and lighter double action pull, I never had any real problem adapting to the CZ75's long and hard trigger and I usually carried it cocked and locked.

I've been looking over their SP-01 and I'm interested in how they have been holding out in the field. The initial videos all showed the pistol to be adequately accurate and powerful, even if a bit heavy (not an issue for me). I also heard that the trigger is much improved and there is even a "single action only" trigger up-grade available.

I'm looking to get the pistol and 4 spare CO2 magazines (I've pretty much gone to all Co2 now) and I'd like to know if anyone has had any long term experience with the pistol.

There is talk of Airsoft IPSC comming to a range in a near-by state and while I've set up a new KJW KP13 and a Timberwolf with a bunch of "G Series" gear from Guarder, I've always loved the grip of the CZ75 and the all metal frame.

I'd like to know how the SP-01 holds up to a lot of use before I start pulling the trigger on the bank account.

Thanks

Their cz's seem to be similar to their Berettas if you've ever used one of those.

Sorta loose fitting mags, a bit of slop in the slide, but otherwise they hold up pretty decently.

My concern would be that their Berettas seem to start light striking after a lot of use. And while I don't know if their cz's do that as well, I would be tempted to say they probably do given the similarity of the internals.

I never was able to figure out how to fix the light striking.

Not using green Gas as it is impossible to find here now (last store to have it stopped selling airsoft and went back to paintball) and I cant stand the smell of the propane (especially inside).

It has also been in the 20's F and 30's F here for last couple of weeks and sure to get worse pretty soon. CO2 is sold everywhere around here.

My CZ75's are still chugging along. That double action trigger is heavy and was hoping the Shadow double action trigger was like the P09's. 

In 20 degree play, CO2 is not a solution either.  It freezes up quickly and pressure drops.  Put a jet in the freezer, charge it in your pistol and how many strong shots do you get?  5? How many weak shots?  9?

In 20 degree temps your only solution is HPA for consistency.

Propene is an option for you in 30 degree temps, especially if you run a low pressure BBU valve.

Other brands of propane are available with less odor.  What have you tried so far?

Do you really play often in 20 degree temps with gas pistols?  And by play I mean get into 100+ round fire fights with after 5 minutes of searching for the OPFOR.  I am not talking about stepping outside with a loaded mag and popping shots at cans and going back inside.  If you do the latter CO2 is fine.  If the former...even CO2 will fail you in rather short order.

Co2 is more for steel slides, slides made from cheap, heavy monkey metal and single stack 1911's. KJW CZ's uses (a rather cheap) aluminum alloy which is lighter. Plus, due to the design of the CZ slide, the slide is small dimensionally speaking, so the need for C02 is really not needed.

Only benefit from C02 for me is that I can walk into a store and buy it, but I can do the same with propane.

Thats too bad. I was really getting into the look of it. Want to use something other than a hi-cappa/1911 style pistol for the IPSC course. I guess I will have to stick with one of my Glocks.

I've seen some other IPSC pistols but they they are just too covered with extended rails and levers and comps that are a bit extreme for my taste. They also dont seem to be very durable (i could be wrong).

Would be nice if I could find a comp for the glock that isnt too extreme in size and looks. Would consider a G34 barrel and slide, but I can find any available (under $200-lol)

Both the Sp-01 and P-09 are made by KJW however the similarity ends there .

The P-09 is a stable . strong and reliable pistol where the Sp-01 is not . They managed to take their old CZ75 which was fine and make it fragile in the SP-01 

What goes wrong with it ?

Considering my Timberwolf frame with guarder internals, guarder extended slide release/stop, real steel Lonewolf mag well, Guarder Salient slide and a Guarder G34 barrel (if I can find one), Maple Leaf hop-up unit with inner barrel, fiber optic front sight and plain all black rear sight.

Other frame considerations would be: Guarder G17 frame or a KJW KP13 frame (I liken it to a CZ P-10 in feel but it takes all G17 inner and outer parts).

Considering my Timberwolf frame with guarder internals, guarder extended slide release/stop, real steel Lonewolf mag well, Guarder Salient slide and a Guarder G34 barrel (if I can find one), Maple Leaf hop-up unit with inner barrel, fiber optic front sight and plain all black rear sight.

Other frame considerations would be: Guarder G17 frame or a KJW KP13 frame (I liken it to a CZ P-10 in feel but it takes all G17 inner and outer parts).

I have a Nova G34 slide/barrel kit doing nothing here... Is for Tm g17.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived