Fitting RS controls on TM 1911 varients.

k.a

It is not hard but a lot more expensive, grips I know about, it's controls i.e grip safety's, thumb safety's, slide stops and MSH I was wondering if they can be swapped ? and this for my UK brethren as they are not load bearing parts is it legal to buy and swap these bits ? 

Can't say 100% but 99.9% sure that it will not work, definately not a drop in fit, and those parts in particular are very much precision fitted and functioning so trying to retrofit RS controls in an airsoft 1911 would be a big task to take on.

You have to remember that those things interact with the internal hammer and valve knocker mechanisms in an airsoft 1911. Something that the RS one does not have in their design.

Slide stop is a no go as the airsoft/TM catches in an internal metal notch rather than the real cut in the slide. Also the barrel link connector on an RS 1911 barrel that the slide stop pin goes through functions differently.

MSH, poooosssibly but I do believe TM 1911s are off spec in size.

In short, I would not gamble my money on 1911 RS control parts unless you have spare cash laying around and want to do a lot of trial and error fitting and risk not having it work out at all.

Just my .2 Swedish kroner from experience trying to fit other RS parts on my guns.

If you don't know if what you are asking/planning to do is legal or not for you to do, taking advice is good, but ultimately it is up to you to find out and know what applies to you when buying RS gun parts.

Also, see this thread: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/217523-brownells-order-triggered-search-warrant-and-a-police-team-to-search-my-flat/

I've seen the thread mate and others on different forums, not at all surprised that a not a lot of police/ community police officers not heard of airsoft as I do come in contact with them regularly in my line of work and have actually posed the question to them, that is after explaining to them what airsoft is to them but no definite answer other then no load bearing parts. Did do some digging myself but could find a clear enough answer so held back as I didn't want to risk it.

Interaction with the internal hammer and valve knocker mechanisms in an airsoft 1911 is something I didn't take into account which is embarrassing, thanks for pointing that out.

Generally happy with Nova, LCT and Guarder parts which I have on most of my 1911's but really wanted a Swenson thumb safety for a special project which doesn't exist in form of a after market TM 1911 part but erring on side of caution will have to live without one.

As far as the legal side of things goes in the uk, you are ok to use any real parts that are not classed as ordnance. That would be things like but not limited to carrying handles/grips, catches and parts, but certainly not things like barrel, slide or lower major components.

As far as fitting them goes, all I can say is that if it doesn't fit then a dremel is easy enough to use and the airsoft parts much softer than the real ones.

Archived