• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering their recent GBB rifles have all had steel internals I think you are being a bit broad with that brush 

Not going to say I am not, however you need to remember why they have them now and not from the get go. Don't forget how VFC tried to slip 400-500$ pieces of *suitcase* with zinc internals that failed after few magazines and only after people were about to drive them under they went to steel of some sort.

Now that they have fixed those, their metal slides continue to crack and break. With vfc its always something.

Not going to say I am not, however you need to remember why they have them now and not from the get go. Don't forget how VFC tried to slip 400-500$ pieces of *suitcase* with zinc internals that failed after few magazines and only after people were about to drive them under they went to steel of some sort.

Now that they have fixed those, their metal slides continue to crack and break. With vfc its always something.

Which metal slides crack ?

I have owed a vfc mp5, ppq, m&p, glock 17 gen 4, gen3 and sai, the "hogworths" glock and s g19. All look great but are in the performance and durability department. But but but the new stuff is not bad at all, still not amazing in the performance department but miles better in the durability department and still look great. I would still spend my money else were though because of previous heart ache

The fns cracks the slide @ where the recoil spring sits. sure, it takes like 4k rounds but it begins bending outward way earlier. 3 slides and counting now :)

the glocks ALL crack the slide where the breech meets the front of the barrel chamber. There are allegedly mods to minimize that but aren't worth much. I dumped all my stark (vfc) glocks long ago. running guarder and assorted on the marui platform now and haven't looked back.

I don't have the PPQ and haven't ran the VP9 long enough to see if that one does it too, but people complain about issues with the trigger bar, which is odd as its the same system as the FNS...

no interest in HK guns in general so the USP/45/45c I haven't touched. VP9 was the odd one out I just picked cause I got a good deal at the time

FNX features the self eating internals (especially if you use DA and decocker) so chances are you wont get to testing the slide on it as the rest of the gun will fail long before. Mine sits on a shelf, having 3 mags run through it total. But I suspect with enough use, the slide will give in the recoil spring seat as well. 

I don't have issues with KSC/KJ/KWC pot metal doing that. Just VFC.... On some of the spare outer barrels I have, you can literally see the casting pores and how they have been covered by the extra thick powdery paint they coat with. Strip that off and you have craters of the moon all over their casts. 0/10

red gas aka propylene is only marginally if any higher pressured than propane. its typically good for winter as it cools down way less than propane. I have bottles of the stuff. CO2 when it comes to the stark is not any stronger than green gas. the magazine in WE  and VFC glock platforms are extremely restrictive when it comes to CO2 compared to say the KJ CZ series.  The KJW not glock glock CO2 mag doesn't work well in others because it requires insanely strong hammer spring to press the valve enough (150% on the marui platform wont cut it, you need like 200% spring at least and APS is the only one that makes that)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Straight yes , range is yet to be tested . Cool down , yes it cools down if you rapidly fire it in current temp (UK) but way less than VFC of old . If cool down is a huge factor I'd stick to the LCT and other aegs as depending on how you shoot etc gas will always have some cool down 

2 hours ago, blobface said:

I saw the redwolf video and the cool down didn't seem too promising given how big the mag is and how low cap it is as well... Do you have any Guarder black gas to try this gun with?

I do but I'll never put that in my rifles again. I do have nuprol 3 and 4 but I can get 3 mags worth out on one fill with RWA gas which is more than enough for me 

• 8 months later...

I had a play around with one at the weekend. Out of the box it shoots great and is LOUD! Being downrange from it is terrifying mainly from the sound alone. One thing I did see was that it loved chucking gas out of the ejection port, even after tapping some of the excess gas out of the magazine. That does unfortunately mean that cooldown is pretty hefty on it.

Overall it seemed like a decent rifle, but time will tell how it holds up.

Check 1st commandos impressions in the review section. He said it worked well in the cold. 

I also bought one of these, arrived yesterday. Solid peice of kit but I forgot my gas adaptor is broken but waiting on a new one to finally fire it. 

Archived