Tokyo Marui Hk USP F

AliceHKfan

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, Mobius Strip said:

Not the best photos but it will give you some idea.

USP Tactical has the Nova slide.

Standard USP has the Detonator slide.

The Detonator slide has a slightly more grey appearance than the Nova.

The finish on the Detonator is more smooth than the matt finish of the Nova (it's not rough per se, just the Detonator finish is so smooth).

The white lettering is etched deeper on the Detonator.

Both slides went together easily but Detonator's moving extractor requires fitting a replacement nozzle spring guide/stop which simply does not seem to stay securely in place allowing unwanted movement of the spring. To allow the use of the standard TM nozzle spring guide/stop, I modified the standard TM extractor to fit, then refinished it before installation. It would be possible to cut a piece off of the TM extractor to allow the use of the Detonator extractor but I am happy with the TM part. For the moment, anyway ;)

The Nova comes with it's own aluminium sights.

I did order some steel Detonator sights to go with the Detonator slide but as they went wayward in the post I fitted the standard TM sights as I could not wait.

I did not try swapping the sights between brands of slide but it would be logical to think that they would be the same.

The Tactical barrel allowed for a longer inner barrel to be fitted. I used a 112.5mm barrel.

The USP has got quite a kick. Shooting side by side with an HK45 (both guns fitted with Detonator slides), it feels a bit heavier to me.

I should add that there is no real difference in kick with either the Detonator or Nova slide on the USP.

Shame about the TM markings on the frame, but they do not seem as intrusive as the one's on the USP Compact.

To date, I have used the Detonator fitted USP in a skirmish and it performed admirably.

If you have any questions fire away!

Was your Nova slide drop-in? Because mine is very hard to pull back. Haven't figured out the cause yet but without the spring guide it seems to be ok.

Can't find the edit button...

Ok so I figured that my problem was that I didn't switch the spring guide end with the Nova one. Now it cycles good with hand however when I shoot it the slide stucks in the back and the nozzle stucks all the way forward, I have to force the slide back. Strange as the nozzle has free movement when trying it with hand. 

Yes, pretty much. The Detonator one felt more slick immediately, but there was nothing wrong with the Nova one at all.

With the Nova slide you will need to replace the TM plastic recoil spring guide rod end/barrel guide (GBB1-20) with the correctly orientated Nova aluminium piece supplied.

Turns out I didn't place in the nozzle spring end correctly and thus the nozzle couldn't go all out. I really hate putting small pieces in like that but now it works correctly. Thanks for the help anyway!

Archived