M14 project

William.m

Hi all,

I am thinking of chopping up my TM M14 Socom to one of the two designs below. 

The plan is to chop up the stock and reduce the length and the same with the heat guard.

The lower barrel will be removed if possible.

I will install a low profile mount on the rear to hold my red dot scope.  

I am hoping that this will help reduce the weight of the gun or at the very least bring the weight backwards towards me so that the gun is not so front heavy. That and I absolutely dig the look of a monster M1 carbine! haha

For my crazy project I need to source a M14 stock and a M14 heat guard. I don't care as to the colour or condition as it will all get a spraypaint most likely. If you have any of these kicking about please let me know!

znEv07S.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:) Before my time im afraid.. or if it isn't then I didn't watch it.   I think that the tv show was after the vietnam war so plenty of M14's swimming around that I think.

I didn't know it was going to be so hard to find a spare TM stock.

good news and bad news..

https://www.softairgames.net/en/stocks/5376-m14-stock-black-tokyo-marui-tm-clm14.html

A-Team TV-Series used Ruger Mini-14's and especially the AC556 select-fire variant, not full-scale M14's, as far as I recall.

Was awear , but you have to admit you can’t get away from the fact this will look like a mini 14 ! ;-)

I already made similar ones in two aspect.

The front sight on my chopped M14 is similar to your plan (It can be fixed with screw anywhere on the barrel):

lgfke1k.jpg

If you cut the sock and the heat shield carefully (on at-about permanent croos section part), you can gule them together with resin and fiberglass.

DZobI4w.jpg

Lf7HeSE.jpg

cw1XW3u.jpg

As for the other parts, I would get a non-SOCOM gasblock, and would cut the charging handle guide tube ant the spring too...

Sorry for picture flood... :)

Archived