battle belt vs riggers belt

j e F f

I think a riggers belt is overkill. I prefer a HSG non slip molle belt cover over a cobra buckled belt. its not a full battle belt that needs its own suspenders, but I dont wear a vest, so that's where i put my stuff. Plus, i use whatever nylon CCW belt to hold my pants up.

I use this:

http://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-CM-Belt-p/eu116.htm
(or any sort of inner/outer belt combo)

go to a tailor to make an inner belt thing with opposite velcro to wear on pants, then wrap the E-MM belt outside

BTW I mainly use MALICE pouches so I can set the clips in belt mode and locked behind the velcro loops of the E-MM belt, when something with just a loop is used I add velcro strip to keep it in place

after a while I found the snap button scratching my rifles so I changed the buckle to a polymer cobra buckle

I've never ran a riggers belt, so can't comment on those, but I had a couple of battle belt setups, without suspenders.

I went for those as the extra width, padding and molle help keep everything more stable in my opinion, and are very comfy, even with just a t shirt on :)

• 3 weeks later...

I run just a rigger's belt, since I run a pretty light 1st line most of the time. Keeps things low profile. I typically just have a single rifle mag on my hip with a large dump pouch just behind it. Sometimes a small IFAK. If I run a sidearm, also a holster and 2 pistol mags at the most. That said, it is a bit fiddly when you have to remove it, since you can't just attach the first line as a whole from your trousers.

An upgrade would be a low profile inner/outer belt combo with molle/pals on the outer belt. Adds only a tiny bit of girth, but it will allow you to a) securely attach any molle pouches without modification B) remove the first line as a whole.

If you want to run a lot of mags, grenades, etcetera, a padded outer belt is definitely a good idea to help distribute the weight and keep things more stable.

I had the Crusader battle belt that I used quite a bit in the early days but I've found it to be just too bulky.

I have a HSGI cobra buckle setup but most of the time I like a leather belt. All I have on it will be a holster, pistol mags and maybe a multi tool.

20170401_111110_zps48hwsswp.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I normally run a fully loaded battle belt but decided to try a light weight belt order and a slim line plate carrier for a change , so I ran one of these on Sunday for the first time and was very impressed with it , just had a pistol holster , spare pistol mag and a grenade pouch on it .

One thing I did do was add a full length piece of 25mm Velcro hook to inside to go over the top of the gear straps to stop them moving about on it .

Have to say for the price can’t fault it at all !

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/belts/rigid-combat-belt-m-olive-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=14

Archived