Most Robust Stock G17

TheFull9

This is nothing to do with my personal airsoft kit, this is a work related question which I'd really appreciate some input with.  Doesn't matter if it's Co2 or propane, can't be anything super high powered like an airgun that you couldn't shoot at other humans safely though.  This is more a force-on-force type consideration than for target shooting, range and accuracy really don't matter too much by comparison to quality of build since we're talking about end users who've never handled airsoft and are used to the robust nature of real firearms/guns converted to SimFX.

I'd cross off TM right away because a plastic slide won't pass muster (with the real decision makers) and the outer appearance needs to be pretty darn close to the Gen 3 (or ideally 4) pistol.  This all might completely fall down if whatever's suggested doesn't fit the issued Radar holster, but that testing is still to come.

At the moment I'm considering KJW, Stark, WE, maybe KSC/KWA and whatever other ideas folks might have.  I feel WE will actually be more likely to have reliable internals than Stark/VFC but they might not fit the holster, either way as I say I'm open to any and all ideas folks might have within the above criteria.  VFC Steel slide models for example, or I think they did some 'higher end' versions with better aluminium slides for example?  Whatever brands you've owned or seen online you think would be well made, fire them at me.

KSC is the only 1:1 G17 on the market for 9mm.

If you want a 9mm marked unit with the dimensions of a G21...get anything else, which would be fine with KJW, which accepts more TM parts over WE.

KSC actually are not that bad for training.  I got them for Carver County Sheriff's in MN back in 2007 and they are still running.  They of course follow proper maintenance and don't oil the mag.  Rather they use gun oil on the rails and rub points and just use Dry Propane.

For fof a good option is the rap17. Not the most realistic but certainly very reliable and gives you the options of using paintball rounds or rubber compliance rounds. I don't know how it will fare with your holsters, as I am not sure how dimensionally correct it is, I only know I have used one for fof training myself many years ago.

Stark/VFC is out if you want reliability.

KJW with Co2 magazines if you want reliability and a more realistic recoil, but you're limited to Gen 3 frames unless you get a load of WEs in and switcharoo them.

WE Gen4 for Gen4ness, reliability is pretty good, but their Co2 magazines are more expensive and will die faster than the KJW ones.

Sorry for the stupid question but do guarder frames fit them. I remember reading somewhere they did but can't find where I read it. That would be the ticket IMO the guarder lower frame with the steel innards and kjw co2 mags. It would look great, perform great and be quite simply just great. also life in general is just great. Just great.

Let's not forget that a TM based Glock build (even with a Guarder upgrade kit installed, linked above) still has weaknesses to using Green Gas and/or CO2 out of the box.

To prevent that you would need to do Guarder steel internals as well which ups the cost per unit by a lot.

KJW and WE on the other hand can handle Green Gas and/or CO2 out of the box, if not indefinitely, at least a lot better than TM internals.

Don't flame me  :o

Archived