AI Mike40

farrasdevell

Who thought this was a good idea and was not going to be abused an epic tool of d**kmovery?! 
Traditional moscart Bang poof BB's big gas cloud area coverd in bbs.
This clip the M40 hits one person (taking them off their feet), where a moscart would have taken them all
https://youtu.be/gqREo030yI8?t=29s

I was going to say this just gives some butthead an insane 1shot of massive overkill but in this clip they clearly fire two burst as seen here

https://youtu.be/gqREo030yI8?t=33s

In conclusion AI made something new, cool good job chaps innovating is great.

I'm sure someone somewhere will have a use for it that isn't being a dongwopmble

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was going to be some form of launchable grenade at first. I immediately lost any interest once i saw that it just lets your m203 pee a stream of bb's.

Honestly, it seems less useful then a standard moscart shower shell. I would rather have all of the bb's fire everywhere all at once then have a steady stream like a hose.

I wonder what happened to AI's shotgun prototype. That seemed promising.

So it's like an AEG, except it's reliant on gas, holds less ammo, takes longer to reload, has inconsistent hop and is attached to an AEG that does everything it does but better? oh it has silly high rof, that's nice...

if you're going to strap a gun to your gun make sure the other gun does something the main gun doesn't already do.

I can see a use at longer ranges as it actually allows you to reach out like a proper 40mm and by the time it reaches the target, it looks to have dispersed into a cloud of bbs.  Up close though, *rickroll* move.

So it's like an AEG, except it's reliant on gas, holds less ammo, takes longer to reload, has inconsistent hop and is attached to an AEG that does everything it does but better? oh it has silly high rof, that's nice...

if you're going to strap a gun to your gun make sure the other gun does something the main gun doesn't already do.

Ah, someone who has not beheld the glory that is a strafer.

Seriously, absurd rate of fire lets you do a lot that your average AEG struggles with. Easily hitting hard targets in cover from a distance, wiping out a squad with one sweep, arcing fire over obstacles and still getting hits, making players regret that tiny nub of an elbow peeking around cover- there are applications for something like this that aren't pure D-baggery.

I also think people are somewhat blowing the overkill/safety concerns out of proportion. When my team's run strafers it's been at about the same muzzle velocity, we've never had complaints about overshooting despite regularly hosing players with 50+ BBs in a burst. ~240fps at the muzzle dips below 200 beyond ten feet, and beyond that it's a lot more like having a handful of BBs thrown at you than getting stitched up with a riding-the-field-limit P*. We're talking a third of a joule here.

I would much sooner take one of these at point blank than one of the old Madbull 8mm CO2 grenades. I've seen one of those crack a Humvee's windshield. Shower grenades with absurd power levels have been around for a long time, but I've never seen them generate this kind of hysteria.

Bit unfair this. It's "like" an AEG in that it fires full auto, yeah. But how many AEGs have a ROF like that? Not many - out of the box I'd guess none. The rest of your point can be applied to literally any gas gun anyway and your conclusion is that the rof is "silly high" - which is exactly what they've set out to achieve. Hate it or love it!!! 

Anyway I think this looks quite cool. Agreed that it's probably not the most sporting thing to shoot at a person at very close range but we can rule safety out. I can imagine this being very fun, maybe useful at shooting at buildings and people in cover. Urban sites have full auto allowed outdoors but not indoors, and I think that rule could apply to this and it still be fun and retain some utility. It doesn't really have to replace a cloud shell either - you can swap shells easily enough.

One could duct tape a tracer to it and turn it into a temporary light sabre. But i agree with a lot of people that this will probably start a lot of arguments or fights unless the launcher is moved very quickly to limit the number of rounds that hit each target.

I'll say the same like I said on that video.
Use it on me and I'll punch you, I promise.

No longer sporting that, it's assault.

There IS a thing called overkill. and the WILL be douchebags.
If you can't play with a normal AEG and need high speed replica's, you're no longer playing airsoft but painsoft.

Same category as snipers that will take headshot when the rest of the body is exposed as well. Nothing gentleman about that.

It just screams bigger, better, saw it in COD Ghost III so must be good.

it's sadistic.

Use your frigging common sense and play humane.

You just know some guy is gonna rock up to a site with a revolving grenade launcher and bunch of these just because he can.  An that d**ks name will be Frank, king of the *rickrolls*.

It's a cool idea but I can see a few indoor sites banning these.

I remember people thinking there were going to be loads of people running around with PKMs or clone M249s or whatever but really you might see a handful of them at a field on any given day. I suppose it is possible though, but these are $60 a pop and you'd need a lot of them to be effective. 12 of them is about $700 and and whilst i don't know off hand how much an MGL is, a PP strafer is 900 and they can shoot at very high joules if you were so inclined, liikewise polarstar. There are lots of ways to be a *rickroll*, hurt people bla bla in airsoft and i tbh i think this is the close to the bottom of that list

Just enough  BB's to guarantee sweeping every single teeth out the mouth of a CQB player!!

Seriously though, this is such a awesome product. I think this is truly innovation and i bet there's a fair bit of thinking behind the design to make it shoot the bb's out sorta individually and consistently.

As catgutviolin said, plenty of uses. And it's only 240 fps.

Until we put guarder black in it...or CO2.

Also yeah those madbull CO2 grenades back in the day...saw one put a CR123 clean through a wall and squeeze the cell into a dime on the next wall... :/

It's a genuinely terrible advert that encourages people to use it in the worst possible way but it's potentially not an awful product. TAG rounds aren't legal everywhere and you really don't want to be hit by one coming out of the barrel. I'd like to see one of these in actual use, rather than a super cheesy, OTT advert, it looks like arking some shots over cover at range is possible. Also, though it looks like a stream of BBs it's a shot that lasts 1/3rd of a second if memory serves.

Just a analogy.

I'll flick you earlobe.

Annoying, stings a bit.

Now let me flick it 120 times in a second.

You're still ok with that?

There will be *albartrotheth* filling that grenade with the heaviest bb they can find, at the closest MED they're allowed.

There's a reason CQB is Semi only a lot of times.There's a reason the use of DSG and Polarstar is very divided. Remember 'He burned our patch'.

I'm very surprised this has to be said, even worse so since the add is almost catered to *albartrotheth*.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

To be honest, I can't see the "good" in this product, VERY high rof, 140bbs just like Lone Bullet says, if some one shoots a whole midcap at MED into someone, even at 0.54J (assuming he's a good chap and is not using powerful gas or heavier bbs) it's going to p*** the fruitcage out of him, which is not a good idea considering we are adult men (not trying to be sexist here) playing a fast paced high adrenaline style of game. It's a time bomb ticking, fast, you only need someone playing after a bad day and Boom! you have a new video in youtube.

It's just like the worst thing a P* could do if exploited but cheaper and easier, not to mention the advert is already telling you that, if at least they said it was for fun and giggles I would be the first in cracking a laugh, but if they seriously advert their products that way... well, I don't think it's sensible and even if I was their targeted client type, I wouldn't support it.

Now, if this was a regular grenade launcher able to lob the BBs at 30m, which should be doable cramping a fixed hop or it launched a NERF foam proyectile at the same distance, I most probably wouldn't care a bit, not my game style, but hey, it would be safer and less "annoying"

PS: *albartrotheth*? Arnies slang at it's finest, love it LoL!

This is the thing, we play a game that involves some risk, and requires people not to act like d**ks, part of that is down to people being personally responsible, part of it is having rules and marshalling that deals with those who are predesposed to acting like d**ks. A 500 fps single shot sniper replica can do some real damage, any responsible site has MED for this, people who don't follow those rules get told to leave those site. If a site doesn't enforce those rules decent players will stop going. You can be a total b***end with a regular AEG, again, good rules and good marshalling stop or limit this. I agree it's an absolutely awful advert and strongly encourages people to use them for horrendous close range overkilling; my question is, is that just ###### marketing? Or is it because they know it's a product that's only capable of being used for close range overkill?

I agree, the game always involve some risk, it's part of the fun, but if I can save myself and the rest of the guys a crazy burst like that... well, I would do so, because some people are D***s because they are and they can, being a D*** with a DSG, P*... is possible and easy, they just to pay more, a lot of more than with this "grenade", this just hands the possibility to unleash their D***ery to many more people. 

I can't speak for English/American/foreign players, but to be honest, Spanish fields are full of CoD gameplay loving D***s, and with honorable exceptions, managers only care for money and will only give a slap in the hand to ofending players (if they ever do). My point is just that I wouldn't like to see those in the fields I regularly play, much less seing them becoming a trend

So far literally the only person to have claimed any actual experience instead of hypotheticals and conjecture is Catgut - And whilst him saying they generally work well isn't necessarily definitive proof I'd at least be willing to give them a shot/be a willing test subject to see how it feels!

Archived