MLOK rail for HK416C

Gigueand

Hi all,

I'm looking into picking up an HK416C. My understanding is that the barrel is 9" in length, which would seem to make it too short to use the 10.5" Geissele SMR HK rail or the Dytac clones.

Can anyone weigh in on this?

Is there another MLOK rail that will work with the HK416C?

Thanks!

Yes, the 10,5 inch rails is to long for the 416c. My solution was to buy a 1 inch outer barrel extension (CCW to CCW) from G&P and some washers. I see now that G&P has a 1,2 inch version and a 1,5 inch version as well. 

On the pictures below i used a cheap 5KU rail with a 1 inch extension and some washers (i would go for a 1,2 inch instead)

And yes, you have to cut the sling mounts of the gasblock with a powertool or a metal saw...

JhjRgV.jpgNm9Hqy.jpgTrvf5z.jpgiUgO1k.jpgM82pXx.jpg

Awesome! Just the info I was looking for. Bummer about chopping the sling mounts.

I'm not super familiar with 416s in general, but does the rail need to be 416 specific? For example, will a rail made to fit a standard AR line up with the top rail on the receiver? My impression is that the HK receiver is a bit different and requires a 416 specific rail in order to match both of them up, but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

I'm not super familiar with 416s in general, but does the rail need to be 416 specific? For example, will a rail made to fit a standard AR line up with the top rail on the receiver?

It needs to be 416-specific; the 416 upper receiver rail is noticeably taller than the milspec standard.

Dat 416c tho, sexy af

Another option, though I'm not sure if they ship to the US:

eng_pl_SA-H07-Carbine-Replica-1152216912
https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152216912-SA-H07-Carbine-Replica.html

Fair warning though: The Specna 416 clones have propietary magazine catches which don't lock 90% of the standard AEG mags on the market. You WILL have to replace it with a standard TM spec magazine catch. The Trademarks are also not at all 416like, so either have a sticker to cover it or get it engraved.

Otherwise though, they are fairy decent bases for upgrading. QD spring guides, 8mm bearings as standard, good wiring for a stock gnu. Motors, gears and most of the internals are basic ACM standard though.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ideally I'd like to use the 10.5" rail.

Do you think it is easier to buy a 416C and then modify the front-end or buy a 10.5" HK416 and swap the standard stock/buffer tube for the PDW style stock of the "C"?

Like katoka said, the 416c lower has for example loop holes on the sides to catch the metal bars from the retractable stock... you can buy a gasblock without the sling mounts or cut them.

Well, that makes it a simple decision then. 

Thanks!

Archived