Redwolf M2 Browning

Black Knight

Redwolf has an M2 Browning HMG on preorder: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_3D_MMP_3D_MMP_M2_Browning_Steel_Aluminum_AEG_Version.htm

For under 2900$! What a bargain!

Well...no. Price tag is pretty insane. Especially when you put it in context with the fact that someone who reallyreally want's an M2 on their Humvee, probably already has a scratch-built one.

Does anyone remember the nice friendly guy who used to sell the conversion instructions for a m14 into this?? and the mini vulcan, the vulcan.... that was REASONABLE, this price tags we are facing nowadays...

No it's a deactivated firearm with an airsoftgun inside of it...

but whatever, YMMV local laws and that.

UK it's reactivation...Go figure.  Of course this is a country that classifies some airguns as firearms.  People in charge aren't the brightest bunch...

And for all that money, they don't even throw in a .50 cal ammo box to stick your M249 magazine in. Also, "Single Piece 3D Printed Gearbox & Inner barrel" what does this even mean? The inner barrel is 3D printed? My first question is how? Also, that doesn't even sound like a good thing once you get past the buzz-wordyness of "3D printed" with all it's "wow, amaze, such future, star trek-tech, wow".

UK it's reactivation...Go figure.  Of course this is a country that classifies some airguns as firearms.

Unpopular as this is likely to be, the way the UK's gun laws are drafted is generally cogent and coherent, and closely reflects the intentions of the legislature. AFAIK (and I don't claim to know everything) there aren't any really obviously stupid things in British gun law like there are hundreds of in, say, American gun law, or in other British laws. A lot of people don't like the laws but that doesn't mean they aren't completely logical.

OFF TOPIC ALERT!!!

Unpopular as this is likely to be, the way the UK's gun laws are drafted is generally cogent and coherent, and closely reflects the intentions of the legislature. AFAIK (and I don't claim to know everything) there aren't any really obviously stupid things in British gun law like there are hundreds of in, say, American gun law, or in other British laws. A lot of people don't like the laws but that doesn't mean they aren't completely logical.

Having lived most of my life in a "strict" gun control place (Spain) I have to disagree with your estimation.

As far as I know due to the actions of a single individual, Thomas Watt Hamilton the social outcry for the deaths of  17 people and a possible insane pedophile in 1996, who had a previous string of problems dating back to the 13th May 1974 but that had never been deprived of his right to legally own guns; led to the known bans by Conservative and Labour governments.

As by these bans the UK (not including NI) should be the safest place in the world as it is legally impossible to own guns but despite this the deaths by gunshot in Uk remain in  26 out of an appalling number of 571 homicides by 2016 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/288166/homicide-method-of-killing-in-england-and-wales-uk-by-gender/

In the meantime (2016) the number of deaths caused not by firearms (all of them illegal?) but by another kind of chunk of metal whose possession is completely legal is astonishing, 419 confirmed cases

https://roadpeacejusticewatch.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/moj-reports-causing-death-by-driving-convictions-increase-by-over-30-in-2016/

Also we should note the knife crime, (also illegal to carry a knife, screwdriver, scissors...) are significant in the year, 188 (less than 1%!!)

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/knifecrime

I am just an european free rider migrant who came here to live on benefits and commit crime or maybe just an asylum seeker serial scammer and future front-page for The Sun Or maybe I am a 40 old lawyer who decided to move to UK and has been working and paying his taxes ever since as until I had a signed contract I did not change my address and even them had to live almost a month in a "fantastic" hostel until finding a pet friendly house to bring here the cat...

I lived 39 years in Spain so maybe I don't understand but if it was logical to ban handguns and deprive all the residents in UK of the possibility to own guns just because of 17(+1) deaths, what should be completely logical to do with 188 by knives and 419 by motor vehicles???

My criticism is against that "logical" laws, in Spain we have about 3.6 millions of guns (half of them shotguns, the other handguns rifles...) and by 2016 there were in Spain 370 violent deaths, (32% caused by migrants) and despite being legal to own long guns and handguns, the main weapon were knives (53%) being death by hands 15% almost side by side with guns; the rest by driving, poison, drugs, blunt objects and suicide... (official statistics show just 292 murder cases)

The problem in UK is not the tools used for crime and murder, is the society, but it is easier to treat (and be treated) as an immature child and leave no responsibility than to enforce a legal system that can respect the private possession of firearms in the hands of vetted, proven and responsible adults. NO LAW will ever solve the crimes but infantilizing your society you are about to unleash a monster whose actions we will suffer (and are suffering) for too long.

This is way off topic, for which I apologise, but I agree with PureSilver.

I do concede that the handgun ban was a kneejerk reaction, and don't agree with it, but on the whole, our gun laws are logical.

Also, guns are not totally illegal, and neither is carrying knives/screwdrivers/scissors. I say this as a holder of a license to own guns, and a person who generally has a knife on my person all the time I am awake :)

Last off-topic reply. As I said in my original comment, the point is that British gun laws are internally consistent - which they are - not that everybody has to like the logic which imposed them. When I say internally consistent, what I mean is there is a very clear spectrum of danger and utility which underpins the various laws, with no obvious loopholes or baseless impositions. This compares very favourably to the US, which has insanely stupid things like psuedo-SBRs masquerading as pistols, or background-check-free transfers between private citizens, or 'assault weapon features', as obvious consequences of badly drafted legislation.

As by these bans the UK (not including NI) should be the safest place in the world as it is legally impossible to own guns but despite this the deaths by gunshot in Uk remain in  26 out of an appalling number of 571 homicides by 2016

It is not even close to "legally impossible to own guns" in the UK, and if you are so misinformed that you think that it is even though you live here, it is possible that you need to revisit the rest of your argument. Basically your entire conclusion is that "vetted, proven and responsible adults" should be able to buy guns... Which is exactly what they can do; 98% of SGC/FAC applications in England and Wales are approved.

Approximately 750,000 people legally hold about 2,500,000 firearms in the UK. 155,000 of those people and 560,000 of those firearms reside in England and Wales.

I lived 39 years in Spain so maybe I don't understand but if it was logical to ban handguns and deprive all the residents in UK of the possibility to own guns just because of 17(+1) deaths, what should be completely logical to do with 188 by knives and 419 by motor vehicles???

This is a stupid and facile line of argument. First, cars and knives are fundamentally not the same as guns. Cars and knives are everyday tools required to complete very frequent and commonplace tasks. Guns are only useful for shooting things and have therefore very niche application to very specific and infrequent tasks. It is not surprising that many more people are killed by cars or knives than guns when you think about how much time your average citizen spends around them; every home probably has a minimum of 20 knives in it, and there are nearly 40 million motor vehicles registered in the UK - most people will encounter literally thousands of them on a daily basis. There are far fewer guns and they spend the overwhelming majority of their existence locked in safes. I live in London - one of the most heavily-policed Western cities in the world and one which has been repeatedly and recently attacked by terrorists - and I almost never encounter guns, even in the hands of the police. Your average urban/suburban Briton probably doesn't encounter a firearm on an annual basis, never mind daily.

It is necessary to balance restrictive controls on access against the need for people to be able to access useful things. Cars are very useful and yet so dangerous that they are quite heavily restricted; you have to undertake mandatory training and testing, hold insurance, have the vehicle itself inspected annually, report any illness to the licensing authority etc. Knives are very useful but less dangerous and are only somewhat restricted; you have to be an adult to buy one, and you're not allowed to carry one on you unless it confirms to certain restrictions or you have a provable need to do so. Guns are not very useful and extremely dangerous and are quite heavily restricted; it's pretty obvious.

Second, the number of gun deaths in the UK is objectively very low - in fact at 0.2 it's lower than Spain's (0.6), which is impressive because Spain has some of the lowest crime rates in Europe. Amongst developed Western nations, only Japan and Korea have lower gun death rates than the UK. This is a good thing. Arguing that the UK should have waited for more people to die before tightening up the rules is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived