Browning Hi-Power / UZI

TineS

Hi,

Newbie looking for some help. Years ago I was issued my first service weapons, an FN GP Mk.III (Browning HP) and FN UZI. I kinda miss them and would like an airsoft replica of these. I searched the internet, and the best ones seemed to be these:

Tanaka Browning Hi-Power Mk.III Heavy, as it operates and breaks down just like the real one.

Tokyo Marui UZI, some metal parts, good quality, and I can add a real stock and grips.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find these for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of any other options? Or know if these will be re-made in the near future?

I have looked at the Umarex Hi-Power but it has no moving slide. WE also makes a Browning, but not an Mk.III :(

As for the UZI, I find lots of mini-UZI airsoft choices, but only one other full size UZI, the WELL model. But that one is cheap plastic.

Regarding the Uzi, as Sandstorm says, rare as hen's teeth. You could try giving fire-support UK a shout as they have good contacts with Tokyo Marui, that does depend on Tokyo Marui having any stock and fire-support being willing to special order one. Or, see if anyone is selling one second hand. That said, anyone who has one probably isn't going to sell it.

Kind of weird since these are guns that are used all around the world and very popular.

I've sent an e-mail to Fire Support. Thinking of otherwise kitbash an UZI from the Well, Gohner, and real parts.

As for the Tanaka hi-Power, There are no alternatives, so I'll have to find a second hand one I guess :/

You could get a WE Hi Power, but they are the mk1 version with the sliding rear sight. you could adapt a MK3 grip to it, file the rear of the slide down, and install your own dovetailed rear sight, but thats a lot of work. another forum user here i think has a build thread on exactly that. the WE hi power is a clone of the Tanaka with a metal body.

The TM UZI shouldn't be too hard to find though. but when you do, if you plan on actually using it, find Renegadecow's posts on Marui UZI upgrades to make it last longer. its got a weirdly designed proprietary gearbox.

I have e-mailed WE if they plan on making an Mk.III version. I have their S&W M&P, so know their products. Any link to the build thread? Sounds interesting! I could indeed fit new grips and other thumb safety.

If the UZI is not that hard to find, I would love to know about it :D Everyone tells me it's impossible to find.

its not like its out of production or anything, just manufactured in low numbers because its not too popular. They pop up every so often in japanese and hong kong airsoft stores.

but heres a link to the hi power thread: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/216737-project-jawbreaker/?hl=power

And about the TM Uzi, I did find one site that still sold one, but it's not the electric version. Seems TM also made a version that works like a pump action shotgun. I don't know why, as that sucks bigtime. I almost bought it, but saw it was pump action just in time!

It was made as a pump action because at that stage they had not yet invented the AEG. It did not suck big time, in fact as teenagers we sought them out as they were much easier to deliver a higher effective rate of fire over something like an MP5 which made you cock it with the charging handle. 

I had a WE Browning HP converted with a Tanaka MK3 slide, controls and grips, that was a long time ago.  It was beautiful but shot poorly as the WE Browning blowback assembly didn't provide enough blowback or power to do the HP any combat effectiveness.  Ironically the plastic slide broke.

I had 2 Marui UZI AEGs.  First one I tried to upgrade and shredded the sector gear.  The 2nd one I tried to do more passive mods to improve the power but it was still weak.  It was unusable in the field as it would take 2 times as long to reach a target as your average SMG.  Fun, but not that useful.

I had the Pump action UZIs at highschool, fun, but the thing that stops the pump would break and would render it useless.  We used it to shoo away pigeons, but it had a lot of power, and would occasionally kill a bird or two.

I contacted WE but they said they had no plans to make an Mk.III. I'll see what the future brings.
I know the about the WELL Uzi, but it looks less accurate then the TM version. Bad quality and all plastic. Think I'll just buy a real one.

Are you wanting the look or actual skirmishability?

You could go Mini UZI and a blank firing Umarex GDPA for looks.

I have a grandaddy IDF/Hamas loadout; Ripped 1970's IDF fatigues, A11 Ephod, Mini UZI, M16A1, GPMG.  To change from IDF to Hamas I just need to switch from bush hat to a black balaclava/headscarf.  

Oh and I am Chinese, imagine how that would look :D

Tons of countries in most parts of the world still use them. They're reliable, sturdy, and suprisingly accurate. Maybe not the most modern or lightweight weapon but if you need an SMG you can do a lot worse than an Uzi. They're sometimes described as the AK of the SMG world. Obviously SMGs don't have the same general utility of an assault rifle but they haven't fallen out of use.

Archived