New WE M4 Raptor GBBR based build - Suggestions please!

NonEx

Working on a Photoshop mock-up of a new WE M4 build.

Based on the WE M4 Raptor GBBR. I think the rail is really cool and like the piston system up front.

The front end is a little too long to make this a "real" PDW build but it's not really what I am going for. But it is borderline unbalanced (looking) with the long front end.

Rail is 11.5" and outer barrel (stock) is 12.5".

Looking for input on the overall build and suggestions on iron sights, hand stop, and alternate 9"-10.5" front rail.

I wanted a 10" DYTAC Geissele replica SMR MK5 rail as an alternative setup but seems those are not available anymore :(

No HK416 suggestions please! I had a 10.5" WE HK416 rifle and I don't like the system due to its proprietary design features.

Parts list:

Base gun: WE M4 Raptor GBBR

Red dot sight: ACM Docter red-dot sight replica with quick-release riser (not pictured)

Iron sights: Suggestions please

Charging handle: PTSxRainer Arms Raptor ambi, black (not pictured)

Outer barrel: Angry Gun 300 Blackout multi-lenght

Muzzle brake: PTSxGriffin Armament M4SD (CCW)

Hand stop: Suggestions please

Hop up housing: Angry Gun, aluminum

Hop up rubber: Maple Leaf, Decepticon, 60DG, Yellow

Inner barrel: Poseidon Air Cushion, 245mm TM/WE VSR

Bolt release: Angry Gun, diamond pattern, black

Magazine release: Angry Gun Troy replica, ambi, black

Magazine release button: Angry Gun, diamond pattern, black

Selector lever: Angry Gun, ambi, diamond pattern, black

Trigger guard: Angry Gun, black

Pistol grip: WE HK416C/888C GBBR

Stock: Angry Gun compact/collapsible stock, black

Magazine: WE MSK, black

8hzSnFk.png

N649Mds.png

Basically I had two main shops to get stuff from and the Poseidon barrel was the "best" I found on there. Never tried one of these but seems interesting. I will see if I can get a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrel from somewhere in another order :D 

I will see if I can get a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrel from somewhere in another order :D

Don't believe DimitriMdP, we suspect he secretly works for maple leaf and is paid in expensive vodka and semechki :lol: Just kidding, I heard good things about the maple leaf stuff in Gas guns and AEGs alike, about the poseidon, my go to tech guy uses one in his P* and is VERY happy with it

Don't believe DimitriMdP, we suspect he secretly works for maple leaf and is paid in expensive vodka and semechki :lol:

Got me! :P 

Now seriously, I'm really, really impressed with the accuracy and range of the Maple Leaf Autobot buckings + Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrels. They matched r-hop'd EdGI's in most of the tests we've made for BASR, and in GBBRs they even outperformed them. Which is big, big words for a $10 bucking and < $50 barrel.

I'm a fan of Maple Leaf products, not even try to hide it. All I've tried from them is good, some is really remarkable.  So far their bucking and barrel has proven to be so good, by now I value a GBBR worth by their ability to use Maple Leaf upgrades. I'm that impressed with the results they provide.

Poseidon on the other hand has always disappointed me. I've not tried their barrels, but their piston head, floating valves and percussion valve shims turned out to be the worst airsoft purchase I've ever made. And I've made many, many stupid airsoft purchases before :P  So I have no high hopes for their barrels and buckings. Might be missing something spectacular, but I rather miss it than spend a single dime on Poseidon products again.

Wait, I got that mixed up. HK416 sights are now what I was thinking of :P

Or are there two iron sight setups for the HK 416? Flip-ups and the beefier fixed ones (MP5 style rear and huge front sight)?

I don't want the fixed ones at least.

Have only seen the rear flip up, have one for my HK417 and HK416C. The front flip up sight is integrated in the rail on my 417 and on the gasblock on my 416c.

On the regular HK416 its the beefier fixed ones...

And yes, the rear flip up sight is kinda beefie as well

MR556-416-MR762-Flip-Up-Rear-Sight-US-2m

I would go for the Magpul mbus pro on that build

product_81F793B1FE3F427FAE5D4DB3A7013977

i have also the KAC and TROY that would work...

eTJGpU.jpg

this is the original HK416C rear sight with a old KAC front sight (had to remove the integrated sight from the gas block when i installed the rail)

Archived