Shipping RIFs internationally

evilrobotshane

Hello clever people,

I’m off to Berget in June with a few others, and with carrying airsoft guns on EasyJet looking like a very expensive nightmare that could go very wrong, I’m thinking of availing of the option to box them up and ship them to the game. However, the shipping companies I’ve looked at prohibit shipping of airsoft guns.

Has anybody got any experience or recommendations on this?

Also, any advice regarding carrying LiPo batteries on the plane would be great.

I would seriously consider a ferry, or multiple, instead of driving through Europe - There's no easy way to drive through Germany without getting through some red tape (http://www.berget-events.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6656), and even then, if you get pulled over you might find German police aren't so accommodating, or knowledgeable about the law (A couple of friends have had issues).

Please do let me know how Berget goes though, I'm planning to go next year!

Outside a border crossing why would anyone in Germany stop you and search your stuff?

You're saying there's a 0% chance they won't get pulled over? 0%? Issues with the car, foreign registration plate, bad driving etc etc 

All I'm saying is there are risks to travelling through Germany. OP may choose to therefore avoid Germany, or go through the red tape and accept a little risk. It's up to him. 

E: To give some further information, a couple of my friends were recently driving through Germany and stopped carrying RIFs. They had the correct permits, but the police were having noooooooone of it - They essentially agreed to let them go "with a warning" (i.e. they must have realised they were probably in the wrong) - as long as they agreed to turn around and leave Germany. Not exactly an understanding police force!

Archived