134a gas

TineS

HFC 134A gas is needed for my Tanaka Browning, but I'm having trouble finding it in Belgium. My local airsoft shop wants to sell me Ultrair green. Not doing that 😕
I read that those duster cans to clean your PC keyboard are 134a gas.
Found a site that sells an adapter piece here. Anyone who has done this? Or know another solution?

Duster gas can be hit or miss.  Probably miss as 95% of them will be the wrong type of gas -152a - Difluoroethane.  This is utterly pathetic and is akin to bottling farts.  What you need is Tetrafluoroethane.  So see if you can get the safety data sheet from your supplier and identify what gas it actually is.  From my experience all the cheap ones will be 152a and any 134a duster is more expensive than Abby 144a which is the airsoft replacement for 134a.  So try and track down some Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a.  Not sure what it's availability is like outside of the UK though.   There is always the TM 134a gas but will be sloooooooow to get as can only get shipped by surface post.

Yeah, Every product I look up seems to be wrong. None mention 134, most only "air" or some propane/butane mixture. Never thought it would be difficult to find suitable airsoft gas. Guess I'll have to look for a good European online source.

Most people selling duster have no idea what the chemical make up really is hence such ambiguous product descriptions.  Using the safety data sheets is the easiest way to identify what you need.

Archived