CQB/Urban/FIBUA in the south

Skarclaw

No this will be my first time at an LA event. It's a battlesim so distinct from a milsim in that its all day play and ammo limits and nothing more - basically the same as how ambush run things -ideal for an 8hr-ish event at longmoor imo. I'll report back!

Too close to organise for me, but it sounds like just the kinda thing I'd want to play.  Definitely like to hear your thoughts.

The last Ai500 they did in that abandoned theme park looked pretty ideal; big game, slightly more experienced player base, but with nice places to sleep at night rather than being 'in game' constantly and presumably some social element.  Think the reviews weren't that good though sadly.

UCAP have opened a new cqb site at HMP Kingston in Portsmouth - looks pretty cool! On Facebook they said they'd be switching their Sunday skirmishes to there as they have a 10 year  lease on the Bunker but have a minimum of nine months at the new one. 

I know there's been a couple of prison sites over the years, pretty sure I've missed one before so may need to get to that.

Not been to the mall in a bit and apparently is 37 *fruitcage*in quid for a walk on now, which presumably still doesn't include lunch.  Much as I love the place that very seriously puts me off going except for a very special occasion maybe once a year max, if that.

They stopped doing lunch bloody ages ago (good couple of years) so unless it's restarted and their website is now incorrect it's not included atm.  Frankly I've never played anywhere that didn't have a car park so I'll be honest I don't personally count that a bonus.  

It's their business and I have no issue with them charing what they like, as I say I just won't be going often.

I suppose.  It's location is fairly unique though.  Not like a lot of woodland sites with large parking areas.  So you take parking for granted.  But yeah.  It is pretty steep.  Annoying as it's my local site now I think, now that X-site is going this month.

I do get it and I'm sure the initial shock will wear off and I'll get over it, hardly the end of the world for me playing ~3-4 times a year, but I think the lack of lunch in particular means you're 'comparatively' paying more like 40-something.  The lunch at the Billet was amazing last time I was there, loads of it and not just made up of sugar-junk.  Genuinely decent and substantial sandwiches, fruit, bottled water etc etc.. blew my mind.  Next on my list I will actually be doing my first evening at the mall with a work mate since we're based so close, then I'll give the Outpost another go since they do offer lunch now after not having the facilities for the first couple of years of operation.  Then I'll book the next Legion Longmoor since skar rates it so highly.

On the one hand I'm saddened by Lane End, had my first couple of years' worth of games there, they always did great freshly cooked food, always had my membership with X Site.  But when I went last year it looked truly run down in the game area, nothing had been built for years and lots of structures were collapsed or out of bounds on account of disrepair.  Some of the marshalls had been doing it so long they'd basically put down roots.  Not a criticism at any of the owners but it had clearly stagnated and being one of those old school places that started out as paintball it must've been going for 15+ years at least.

I'm more than fine with the light levels in the day tbh, the lack of any uniform req makes most average skirmishes bad enough for team ID as it is; however I've no doubt the numbers will be a lot lower and I won't miss going back to the same choke points to die many times per day.  Actually being able to move through any site and at least having the potential to maybe flank some opposition is always a big plus.  I've managed it maybe a couple of times on a sunday, but realistically you're going to have an entrenched frontline most of the time.

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Hardcore1-6 said:

90% in for this one - any chaps interested?

Im all booked up - are you still in Wilts?

edit: most places seem to update thier facebook before they do thier websites these days. Ive actually deactivated mine for now so if someone could check legion airsoft,ambush adventures and airbourne airsoft on a nigh-daily basis id be grateful!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived