CQB/Urban/FIBUA in the south

Skarclaw

• 1 month later...

Have to say, vaguely related to the topic, I've realised that the losses of both The Mall and The Barracks during 2018 has severely blunted my enthusiasm to go out any do any 'softing at all.  That and the rise of the seemingly increasingly delusional-acting cult of 'hardcore' milsim.

I've far from an encyclopedic knowledge of sites, but right now I think Longmoor is about the only place I'd really have any interest in going.  I don't mind x-site (which is of course just the outpost now) and when they use a good portion of the site instead of corralling people too much it's decent enough.  Don't think I'd bother with it more than once a year though if I was also playing at other, larger sites.

Another large aspect is I recently realised it's a lot easier than I'd have imagined to turn up to UK NRA matches as a 'rental' as it were and spend a day shooting real stuff.  The community around that is generally speaking older, more mature and less prone to flights of fantasy and/or childish tantrums caused by absolutely nothing, from what I can see so far anyway.  No group of humans is perfect of course.

• 7 months later...

Time for a bump!

For reasons not fully understood I attended a testing day at a new CQB/Urban site near Redhill.

I dunno how much I can say but its a training facility built with a government grant to train security, emergency responders and so forth.

Essientially its a model town centre built in a 17,000 sq/ft warehouse. Lots of it are two storeys. There are sound effects and lighting options. A guy who i skirmished with said it was 4x the size of bunker51, if that helps. I think another game will be held in August with more people (we played 4v4) and more details will be forthcoming. 

Deffo one to watch!

Otherwise as people may have seen Zed Adventures will be announcing details of a CQB site near Reading. UCAP are working on a site related to the former bramley hall police training centre. Looks like they plan to use this for Friday evening games and some battle/mil sims.

Well.. how weird I just checked this thread a couple of hours ago after not looking at it for months lol.  Saw another blokes' post about the place you mention over on AFUK, does sound pretty decent.

Legion only have 1 battlesim between me getting back off this deployment and the end of the year, would've liked to do a night one but apparently the last time they did one of those more than half the participants didn't bring so much as a warm jacket for a night game in the cooler part of the year and quit a couple of hours in.

Zed seem to be taking their sweet time to even announce anything which makes me wonder at this point, personally still hoping for some worthy replacement for the Mall and AA's Barracks.

I feel in limbo a bit atm, I split my time between camp near Reading and home in Middx, there's nowhere indoors right now within a good driving radius that many people seem to consistently be really happy with.  Granted I'm only on forums not any of the FB groups so it's entirely possible there's chatter I'm missing.  

I've been to longmoor with work, not for bb fun, definitely high on the list but it seems multiple organisers run events there and I've no clue which is the recommend at the moment.  

5 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I feel in limbo a bit atm, I split my time between camp near Reading and home in Middx, there's nowhere indoors right now within a good driving radius that many people seem to consistently be really happy with.  Granted I'm only on forums not any of the FB groups so it's entirely possible there's chatter I'm missing.  

I've been to longmoor with work, not for bb fun, definitely high on the list but it seems multiple organisers run events there and I've no clue which is the recommend at the moment.  

Legion Airsoft doing an event on 10th August at Longmoor , a bunch of us from this forum going as Greens.

I've done the outpost maybe 5-6 times over the years since what-was-xsite opened it.  It's always fine, pushing in to a good rating with a solid bunch, the building itself however is pretty much just one wide corridor for the most part (with the usual plyboard walls), so unless they whole site is in play (not terribly common) there's nothing you can do in terms of getting around people using the different stories/shops like the mall it's just head-to-head all the time in the same cramped space.  The games primarily using the outside are actually better to my mind and because it's not huge you're almost always in range unlike your typical woodland game.  Good staff, I'd never tell anyone not to go, but it's not somewhere I'm ever like 'yeah let's go do that!'.

Archived