Thinking about buying a P90

TineS

* Searched the internet a bit and looks like the best one on the market is the TM version?
* Do all TM's have the same internals? Or was the P90 updated over the years? Prices seem to go around €350, but I found a shop in eastern Europe that sells it for €250. Seems to good to pass up 😕
* What are the options for a metal upper receiver? (normal one with red dot, not the TR or HC). I only know about one made by G&P.

There are a number of manufacturers doing *better* P90s.

G&G P90 (Metal RD receiver with RDS)

King Arms P90 (Metal RD receiver with scope rail, Metal TR receiver)

CA P90 (Metal RD receiver with RDS, Metal TR Receiver)

ACM P90 (Metal RD receiver with RDS, Metal TR Receiver)

All of them come with steel gears which is miles better than the Marui. 

G&P Does the metal RDS receivers too, but no RDS.

So depends what you want...

I've personally owned a TM p90 that had been through thousands of rounds and never once been opened. Never skipped a beat, plenty accurate and comparable range to other brands even with higher fps out of the box. Would recommend.

I've held a CA but not fired one, it seams solid but can't say more than that.

I had a TM a long time ago, which I got from someone else who had had it for years before that.  Shot very well, never had any problems.  Marui reliability is up there.

Alternatively, have you considered GBB?  WE make a P90 GBB, although I know nothing of its performance.  

I did consider it, but I read bad things about it. WE quality :/
Also, I'm more of a collector, so looking for those guns that are closest to the real thing in weight and operation. I know TM's reputation, but it is full ABS and weighs less then the others, and the real one (TM = 2,2KG if I'm right?).
The most realistic options seem to me the CA proline and the G&G, although for the G&G the laser would need to be disabled to make it legal in Belgium.

CA is probably the best option then.  I have one.

I have had the CA, Marui, WE, ACM.  I have worked on G&G and a KA. 

KA and G&G both have better receivers and internals, but CA, ACM and Marui are all workhorses.  Marui just needs a new steel sector gear and it will last a while.

For collecting the G&G is best, for skirmish the CA, and for fun it would be the WE.

If you're after realism then only the one by WE will satisfy you. 100g shy from real weight because of the polymer upper (though I suspect the 2.5kg weight from wiki is only for the optic version and the TR version really is lighter), disassembles like the real thing, more or less operates mechanically like the real thing and same ROF too. But of course there's the catch of being one of WE's most problematic guns out of the box. It's been out for quite a while now though with most problems sorted out by users so a reliable WE P90 isn't as far fetched an idea as it was when it was first out.

I've always been an advocate for the G&G PDW99. they took all of their expertise in bullpup platforms the gained when making the FN2000 and put all that tech in their P90. adjustable FPS via a spring guide that screws in and out, nice wiring, excellent polymer material and a metal upper, excellent hop up rubber. plus, its the only P90 on the market that has a built in laser. Not that that's all that great, but you can save money on optics with it. if it was easy to get on in the US, i probably would. but its already one of G&Gs more expensive guns and importing it would make it more expensive, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. my secondary choice would be the WE. 

We IS nice, but as observed, you can't leave the magazine in the gun for long periods of time as it does leak from where the gas feed goes into the body reservor. 

For short duration games, more than fine.  For long duration games, this aspect is quite bad as you want the weapon to fire even after 4-6hrs without firing.

• 2 weeks later...

The AEG P90s are probably the most silencable AEGs around. I believe a little sound absorbent padding in the receiver and a foam filled suppressor results in a very quiet AEG indeed. The only issues I have with them are the difficult shaped magazines and the oddly short length of pull, I feel very hunched over them, but that's entirely personal and doesn't apply to everyone

Archived