Problem with Guarder G17 slide

Wingman

I recently purchased a new Guarder G17 slide and for some reason the extractor keeps sliding out while shooting (in fact I can even push it out of the slide by finger pressure alone).

I probably should have realized this was going to be an issue when the extractor fit so easily going into the slide (it is usually a royal pain as they are normally a tight fit).

As I want to try to stop this from happening, I'd like suggestions for a good glue/adhesive that might be able to hold this part tight enough (even permanently).

Thanks for the help,

Although mine was an insanely tight fit and required a lot of sanding, I secured it using Loctite Metal Epoxy and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon :D

I covered up the surrounding areas with tape to protect it from seeping and wiped off any residue that came out where it should not.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epxy_metal_s/overview/Loctite-Epoxy-Metal-Concrete.htm

Thanks a lot. I believe this is my fifth Guarder slide and all previous were really a PIA to install that extractor (dont think I could hammer them out).

My only other issue was even thought I had bought Guarder sights and a Guarder barrel, apparently the front sight screw head was just high enough so that it put a nice scratch on the top of the barrel (right through that nice new gold finish) after 3 slide cycles. Filed down the screw head and I guess I will order another barrel.

Archived