Best VFC pistol??

icolater

Hi! I just got the VFC fns 9 and I am amazed at its performance, looks and durability (put about 600 bb with no sign of wear). 

This to me is amazing stuff considering every VFC pistol I've previously owned was poor (except for the looks)

My question though is this, are all new VFC pistols of the same quality or is this a once off, I was looking at getting the ups 9mm or the vp9 but I'm still sceptical. The only reason I got this is because a friend from Hong Kong recommended it to me a a cheap but great performing pistol so I don't have to use my expensive pieces skirmishing. I asked him about the vp9 and he said it was good but no where near as good as the fns in terms of efficiency, performance and durability. 

Thanks for any info

Hard to say.  Heard a lot of differing opinions around VFC.  I have a PPQ, my mates have the VP9, and the M&P.

While the PPQ finish is thin and wears (mine was 2nd hand), its weight is light, and I heard from techs the issues around the trigger sears wearing and slide cracking from engaging the outer barrel,  BUT mine hasn't had such issues with thousands of round (its my favourite plinker at home).  Kick is the best out of my line of pistols that I have, but having played with the VP9, the VP9 kicks more violently but also a lot less gas efficient per shot.  Both are comparatively massive gas hogs compared with many of my other pistols but it makes up for it with kick.

I have done some mods to the PPQ to make it more gas efficient, trimming the recoil spring as well as the flute valve spring, which does make a difference.

My mates also have a M&P 9.  Its vastly better finished than the Marui and the coating is thick.  Kick is high also, compared with both marui and WE, but again I have heard from techs it has issues with trigger sears wearing, though my friends one seems fine.  Trigger feels similar to a real M&P so thats a surprise. 

All three guns shoot well, heavy kicking, but the PPQ and VP9s are gas hogs.  So your decision will depends what ambient temperature you shoot in. 

didn't own any but tried most of them
their recent models are quite decent, only "major" issue is the mag catch on some HK models, FN models are fine, surprisingly, using similar type of mag catch mechanism

if I'm getting one now it will be FNS......... but I'm greedy now I hope they make a 509

Thanks guys! I had the m&p and ppq and didn't think much of them. They both worked fine but they both started showing signs of heavy wear very early on so I stoped using them just incase. 

Yea a fn 509 would be amazing alright. Love the look of that pistol. I'm sure cybergun and VFC will release one as the internals could just be swapped with the fns. 

No way! Just when they were getting good, that's a pity. Why don't cybergun use VFC anymore?

doubt the we p330 will have steel parts like the newer VFC pistols or look as good. But I like WE pistols, so it's all good. 

Is funny cause the same thing happened to KWA with the kriss vector, it was the best gun they ever produced and politics ruined the relationship between them and kriss. Thank god I purchased two vectors befor They were discontinued. 

Archived