TM Revised G17 - On the horizon?

TheFull9

The SVI/STI are fairly unique as mentioned.

Yes, they have a metal frame from the factory but are not impacted by the law as no airsoft manufacturer has released (to my knowledge) a gun with a metal frame and grip which obviously makes up the conventional pistol frame.

No prediction from me... 😕 but to extend on the topic, It's an awkward time for TM Glocks revisions at the moment imo, I'm mainly interested in steel slide builds, and the new BBU diameter of the 19 will obviously be implemented should a 17 be revised, but then, how would it compare to Volante's powerful BBU? My guess (and hope, in a preemptive choice supportive bias kinda way) is it won't be better than that, so unless you're after a stock plastic 17 not a project gun, I'm finding it hard to see how the updated version build would be better than an old version build with Volante BBU and fancy slides (RMR / steel / Sailent Agency low draggeries etc), unless of course they do models that don't exist yet like Gen 4 / 5 MOS, which would be great as that would trigger nice machined aluminium / steel slides, right now RMR based guns take a penalty for using the old G18 BBUs, so if a new TM G17/19 MOS will somehow update its BBU while making space for the optic mounts that'd be perfect.  

Personally, my concerns are holster fitment and performance.  My 226E2 has frankly spoiled me in both regards and I cannot actually praise the thing enough; I really want the qualities of that gun in a TM Glock, but as much time as I've spent scratching my head over it I can't really see a route to get what I want.  Admittedly that could well be down to the fact I know very little about customising pistols in comparison to what I want to know, but I've asked around and nobody's given me an answer yet.

I can't really speak for holsters as I only have a rs Kydex holster for my G23 build which uses mainly 3rd party externals (Guarder), it fits a Kydex holster made for the G19/23 without any issue, as for my G17 or G34, I use the Blackhawk omnivore that mount onto my light so anything that isn't a desert eagle fits.. maybe someone else could comment on what kit for the G17 fixes the width issue. 

My preference might not apply to yours as I'm strictly focused on steel builds (but the criteria might cross over to aluminium builds as a steel build requires very good performance to cycle the extra weight, and I see anything that doesn't do a realistically paced mag dump as a compromise), here's a video of my Glock with the Volante's Stratos blowback unit on green gas, it's pretty much the heaviest slide you could get for the Glock so it should help illustrate the performance of the BBU. The mag's only suppose to hold 25 and this exceeds 30 at a pace I would never fire continuously in a game. 

On 6/19/2018 at 2:26 PM, CKinnerley said:

Personally, my concerns are holster fitment and performance.  My 226E2 has frankly spoiled me in both regards and I cannot actually praise the thing enough; I really want the qualities of that gun in a TM Glock, but as much time as I've spent scratching my head over it I can't really see a route to get what I want.  Admittedly that could well be down to the fact I know very little about customising pistols in comparison to what I want to know, but I've asked around and nobody's given me an answer yet.

To the best of my knowledge, it's going to be a case of installing a Guarder frame and slide to get a TM G17 that actually fits RS holsters. 

Archived