SHS / PPS …Kaput?

The Insider

If you are not aware.. maybe 18 months or so ago now a very large engineering company gobbled up the much smaller SHS factory, and although those that survived the transfer thought there would be a continued production of the much loved brand of SHS parts and the newly released (2 -3 years ago) PPS rifle models in part limited run at least.

Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case, as it seems no new production runs have happened since and communications with the factory have been minimal to none.

Although... I have no exact facts to prove other wise, and I'm just (educated) guessing, as there is no “press release” and may never be.

Other than  being able to talk to those other insiders that matter also saying this seems to be the case.

And also seeing there more popular lines at the wholesaler start to dry up and not to be restocked.

Oh, and I just tried to order 150 inner barrels today only to be politely told... I may have screwed to pooch on that one.

Please please PLEASE, if anyone has any intel to contradict my claims …. please enlighten me.

They were actually at the HK toy show 2018 in January, although had nothing new to show, and hopefully the they will be back in future....😳

Anyways.... TL:DR the lesser popular SHS lines will probably still be in stock for some time (years) maybe, as I still see a odd box at the wholesaler now.

But the more popular lines have already started to dry up over the last 12 months.

And sadly the fine range of PPS rifles and shotguns, once gone, that could most likely be it. 
The odd retailer still have some shotguns, other than that, good luck hunting if you wanted a XM26,  Kar98 or Mosin. second hand maybe the only option.

Troubling, their gearsets and neo motors in particular are some of the best on the market for value to performance.

I've seen a lot of SHS stuff popping up under the "Rocket Airsoft" brand of late.

I was in Hong Kong last year and I meet a designer at PPS/SHS office. He told me that they has a new owner and they don't know what is the new owner's plan with the company. Basically they felt that the new owner is promising in PPS/SHS as can be better and bigger company but from that time I can not reach this guy sadly.

I think SHS won't stop but PPS maybe will. Sadly PPS shotguns not the best, we have a not trouble with them, from games to next games.
For example PPS shotguns are under heavy discount on HK, for example at tiger111hk (last year there was XM26 for 40$) or at octagon airsoft has M870 with 50% off.

Yeah.... i could be wrong....   hope i'm wrong.   and they just reshuffling... to come back stronger.
Although one of there websites is down... but do you really need 2? ...and there FB page last post was in march, but no reply to coms there ether. 
Which again... is nothing definitive.

May even have to wait till the toy fair next year to see if the turn up (as they have done... last half dozen years at least. ) to get any exact intel... or if they are a no show... maybe we can call it unofficial end then.

at least atm... plenty of HT motors still available...   which is my core upgrade part i have used in the past.
https://imgur.com/s2sD9XM

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 11:52 AM, SpecialWeaponsAndPlastic said:

Oh no!
This is terrible!

I need to get my hands on as many of their 870 shell catchers as possible before they are gone.

Check your PMs! ;)

Archived