VFC HK416

AlecBeach

My VFC 416 is about 5 years old now. Solid externals with very nice HK-trades, standard version 2 internals. Buffer tube is threaded into the lower receiver, similar to Lonex M4's, so normal Marui/G&P/etc.-style buffer tubes do not fit. I have not removed the standard handguard or barrel nut, so I cannot comment on the upper receiver thread combatibility.

Straight out of the box, I would replace the plastic hopup chamber and the auto-shimming gears, as these caused quite a lot of issues for me. However, my gun was purchased some time ago, so it is possible that current versions are better. I put a Lonex complete gearbox into mine, followed more recently by a Gate Titan, with zero issues.

If you can live with weird/not-HK trademarks on the receiver, the Specna Arms 416 line is most definitely worth a look. I did some work a while back on my buddy's 416C and IMHO that's better bang for your buck.

• 2 weeks later...

The new A5 is lovely, electronic trigger reset for starters, externals are usual VFC amazeballs. mosfet or 2? avalon internals, my TM recoils havent been looked at since I got it, and i am a major TM fanboi, so yeah i say get one!  

On 6/17/2018 at 11:54 PM, Black Knight said:

My VFC 416 is about 5 years old now. Solid externals with very nice HK-trades, standard version 2 internals. Buffer tube is threaded into the lower receiver, similar to Lonex M4's, so normal Marui/G&P/etc.-style buffer tubes do not fit. I have not removed the standard handguard or barrel nut, so I cannot comment on the upper receiver thread combatibility.

Straight out of the box, I would replace the plastic hopup chamber and the auto-shimming gears, as these caused quite a lot of issues for me. However, my gun was purchased some time ago, so it is possible that current versions are better. I put a Lonex complete gearbox into mine, followed more recently by a Gate Titan, with zero issues.

If you can live with weird/not-HK trademarks on the receiver, the Specna Arms 416 line is most definitely worth a look. I did some work a while back on my buddy's 416C and IMHO that's better bang for your buck.

I'm not good at modding my guns internally. But I might take your advise 

They run really smooth, but I would recommend changing the motor and bucking.  They are super easy to change, especially the motor.  Otherwise, great disciplined externals and good internals you can just play with.  Just change the motor for better trigger response and the bucking for more range/hop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 11:45 AM, APOModern5 said:

They run really smooth, but I would recommend changing the motor and bucking.  They are super easy to change, especially the motor.  Otherwise, great disciplined externals and good internals you can just play with.  Just change the motor for better trigger response and the bucking for more range/hop.

I'm not the greatest with modifying internals yet.  I know you say it's easy to change, but how is it without the upgrades?

On 7/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, AlecBeach said:

I'm not the greatest with modifying internals yet.  I know you say it's easy to change, but how is it without the upgrades?

I think you'll still enjoy it.  I personally just prefer slightly better trigger response, but it's not a big deal.  The 416 imo is a jack of all trades base gun.  It's great for assaulting and has the modularity of an m4, but is a little more unique.  Range is better than average and all together, it just performs well out of the box.  

25 minutes ago, APOModern5 said:

I think you'll still enjoy it.  I personally just prefer slightly better trigger response, but it's not a big deal.  The 416 imo is a jack of all trades base gun.  It's great for assaulting and has the modularity of an m4, but is a little more unique.  Range is better than average and all together, it just performs well out of the box.  

I'm on the fence about the M27 and the 416

5 hours ago, APOModern5 said:

I'd go 416.  I've always found the M27 to be just too unwieldy for what it does in airsoft.  Were you concerned with range of the 416 and that's why you were considering the M27?

The M27 is an IAR so some fields will allow full auto because of that ;))

16 hours ago, APOModern5 said:

I just prefer the compact size and weight of the 416. If you upgrade it right, it will never fail you.  It runs just fine stock as well.  Different styles really

https://modernairsoft.com/products/416-cqb-elite-full-metal-airsoft-aeg-rifle-by-vfc

Is this the best of the 416? I know they have a 416-C but... that PEQ box...

Archived