MP5SD w/ integral tracer?

Foden_357

Afternoon everybody, 

I'm debating an MP5SD build (probably Tokyo Marui based), but I'd like to replace the integrated suppressor with a tracer unit instead. I appreciate the tracer should just screw onto the outer barrel in-place of the suppressor supplied with the AEG, but I don't want to compromise the look of the MP5-SD. 

Does anybody have any recommendations for a full-auto tracer unit that mimics the size & shape of the MP5-SD suppressor, that's also a decent tracer unit? If anybody has done this before, some photos would be very welcome! 

With thanks, 

Josh

You're unlikely to find one, and IIRC none of the Airsoft MP5SDs on the market attach the suppressor by a 14mm thread (apart from ICS).

You might be better off getting the stock MP5SD suppressor and gutting it, then fitting a tracer unit inside.

Thank you, both. 

I think I'll do a little research into how Tokyo Marui attach the suppressor to their MP5SD AEGs. Unless; of course, anybody on here can tell me? 

@blobface, how difficult is it to accommodate a tracer unit's internals within a conventional AEG suppressor? 

2 hours ago, Foden_357 said:

@blobface, how difficult is it to accommodate a tracer unit's internals within a conventional AEG suppressor? 

Wow, didn't realise you can do that now with Arnies, how modern.

We are quite spoiled for choices these days, between the Acetech Lighter and the xCortech XT301, there's very few suppressors you can't retro fit tracer units into it, the only thing is not every suppressors will let you access the on / off button, so you gotta keep that in mind with your build. 

LOL You realise the original Marui tracer unit has adaptors to fit DIRECTLY onto a marui MP5SD.

The main selling video/brochures around tracers were with their MP5SD. IMG_1298_zps84eb1a2c.jpg

Doesn't really help now though, so you just have to fit a tracer directly into a silencer.  I did that today with a Madbull Gemtech and an ACETECH tracer unit.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:04 PM, blobface said:

Wow, didn't realise you can do that now with Arnies, how modern.

We are quite spoiled for choices these days, between the Acetech Lighter and the xCortech XT301, there's very few suppressors you can't retro fit tracer units into it, the only thing is not every suppressors will let you access the on / off button, so you gotta keep that in mind with your build. 

those have been there a long time 

It looked pretty much exactly the same, but a bit longer. Overall I'd probably recommend dropping a tracer unit into the existing suppressor, as the others have said. You're guaranteed to get something that fits 100%, and it's pretty easy to do - you just cut some PVC pipe up to space the unit inside and you're done. In particular I'd prefer to hard-wire the unit so as not to have to deal with separate batteries, and it's pointless buying a pricey, fancy unit if you're going to end up cutting things up inside.

Archived