WE Colt Junior

Wooly_Booly

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the silver version is starting to show up on more retailers websites but still waiting for the blued version to show up. Not sure why WE decided to release the silver first as to the best of my knowledge Colt didn't make a chrome/stainless version (i know it's airsoft), feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. Maybe the Astra Cub was?

Anyone ordered yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have it. And it's very pretty. Seems a solid build although I haven't been in the trigger mechanism yet. Hop is pretty bad. It's just a tiny round contact point. Is adjustable but tends to make it more wildly inaccurate if you tighten it. Also easy to over do and pop it into the barrel which was a bit of a fiddle to pop back in place. I found it best on .3 to rein it in with the hop off and it's ok ish for 10m. It reaches out to 30m but you'd be lucky to hit.

IMG_20181009_134746.jpg

20 hours ago, heroshark said:

Ok so I have it. And it's very pretty. Seems a solid build although I haven't been in the trigger mechanism yet. Hop is pretty bad. It's just a tiny round contact point. Is adjustable but tends to make it more wildly inaccurate if you tighten it. Also easy to over do and pop it into the barrel which was a bit of a fiddle to pop back in place. I found it best on .3 to rein it in with the hop off and it's ok ish for 10m. It reaches out to 30m but you'd be lucky to hit.

Nice, got mine yesterday.  Can you dry fire yours empty ? the hammer on mine won't drop without mag inserted, wonder if mine is faulty or it's designed to do so.

Thanks mate, at present trigger on mine goes stiff as hell once you rack the slide and try firing with out mag inserted. Also have you noticed sometimes once the last round fired with still plenty gas in the mag, the hammer just drops and  the slide doesn't blowback and locks on empty as if out of gas ?   

4 hours ago, k.a said:

Nice, got mine yesterday.  Can you dry fire yours empty ? the hammer on mine won't drop without mag inserted, wonder if mine is faulty or it's designed to do so.

ignore previous, I'm getting befuddled. It's meant to do that 

Update on the hop. Something I tried before now worked. Pushing the barrel out via the muzzle end with a plastic rod of a slightly larger diameter of barrel bore. I think the previous rod I tried was a fraction big and caught the false rifling. The barrel is friction fit with an o-ring. Make sure the hop screw is out, or out enough not to catch. Not  that it should be anyway as you'd have it over tensioned. So I whipped out the hop rubber and cut a "V" groove laterally down the center to make it a 2 point contact hop. It's still not accurate bit its not wildly inaccurate now. Around a 12"grouping at 10m set to 0.3g. 20m tends waver under & over hop but it did that before. At least its fairly central  left to right now.

Crown looks ok tbf. After my experiment I though sod it and took a dremmel and hand file to the inner barrel. Plan was to widen the window and create and area to fit a chopped up conventional vsr/gbbp hop using the hump in the window and ptfe in place. It was way too much. Jammed took a bite out the hump via bb against the edge of the window I cut and then worked about as well as th "V" cut original hop. So tried just a flat piece of the chopped up hop. At 10m using 0.3g again brought the groupings in tighter to about 7" and 20m ok ish for a body shot. Still pretty wild obviously its a really short barrel so you can't expect much but I think  it's a lot to do with the outer barrel especially when blowing back as there is a fair amount of play.

Just ordered the black one with spare mag from KY. Will post some pics as soon as it arrives. There's few more videos reviews banging around on Youtube. Unfortunately my Mandarin is poor to put it mildly so I can't tell you what they're saying. However it looks like a relatively solid little piece albeit a plinker/novelty gun. 

I wonder if someone will make a 'tacticool' version. You know, OD lower frame, light rail and RMR? 

It certainly seems a pretty solid build. I will say this, it suffers the cold. As expected of a WE really. left it out the holster on the ground ready to grab and puffed out on the first shot. Was a miserable cold rainy day. Although ok to cycle quite reliably when it was kept in the little shoulder holster against my body and emptied the mag. Inside it emptied the 7rnd mag 3 times over on one fill which ain't bad.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so my black version finally arrived. Nice little piece, solid appears WE have upped their game again with build quality. I found it surprisingly accurate at 7-10 yards and even has a respectable bit of kick to it (recoil spring is pretty stiff). Getting 3 reloads per fill (21 shots) which considering the size of the mag is good and averaging about 230fps (indoors, warm house). Not liking the magazine disconnect but at least that's true to the real steel. Overall very happy with it and a fun little plinker.

It is nice to see a manufacturer make something different other than the endless tide of Tupperware. Now we just need WE to give us a proper Hi Power and a P7.

Archived