WE All new P-series GBB pistol

fnc

7 hours ago, icolater said:

It's the real steel having problems?? If so I would say glock and FN are LOLing. 

Yes, the real sig that was adopted by the US army had a 1911 style safety. But the commercial model without the safety was subsequently adopted by many american police forces, this is when the first incident happened, but still wasn't acknowledged by sig until 6 months later. If you drop a stock sig p320 on the back end of the slide, the trigger will actually get pulled by gravety and the gun will go off. Some people even got their p320s to go off by hitting the back of the slide with a rubber mallet. The competition and ninjafied models had lighter triggers (the trigger is physically lighter) and weren't plagued with this issue.

Essentially now, sig hasn't recalled the pistol despite having several court cases involving police officers dropping their guns (while in holsters) and shooting themselves. They have at least offered to fix it for those who want to through their RMA system. Sig still however is denying that it's a major issue that necessitates a recall. It does take a very specific angle to drop the gun and have it set off, but there's no reason it should go off when dropped at all.

Anyway, this gun looks cool and I do like the p320 despite sig sucking currently (the new sign 365 compact 9mm has some major striker drag issues that would break the tip off your striker within 400 rounds. Sig quietly changed the striker design even though they haven't acknowledged the issue and the "new" version of the gun still drags the striker all the way across the primer, practically pinching it over brass, so who knows if it will still destroy strikers) so hopefully the gun will be cool.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Horsem4n said:

Yes, the real sig that was adopted by the US army had a 1911 style safety. But the commercial model without the safety was subsequently adopted by many american police forces, this is when the first incident happened, but still wasn't acknowledged by sig until 6 months later. If you drop a stock sig p320 on the back end of the slide, the trigger will actually get pulled by gravety and the gun will go off. Some people even got their p320s to go off by hitting the back of the slide with a rubber mallet. The competition and ninjafied models had lighter triggers (the trigger is physically lighter) and weren't plagued with this issue.

Essentially now, sig hasn't recalled the pistol despite having several court cases involving police officers dropping their guns (while in holsters) and shooting themselves. They have at least offered to fix it for those who want to through their RMA system. Sig still however is denying that it's a major issue that necessitates a recall. It does take a very specific angle to drop the gun and have it set off, but there's no reason it should go off when dropped at all.

Anyway, this gun looks cool and I do like the p320 despite sig sucking currently (the new sign 365 compact 9mm has some major striker drag issues that would break the tip off your striker within 400 rounds. Sig quietly changed the striker design even though they haven't acknowledged the issue and the "new" version of the gun still drags the striker all the way across the primer, practically pinching it over brass, so who knows if it will still destroy strikers) so hopefully the gun will be cool.

Wow !! Thanks for the information, that sucks for the poor people who shot themselves. Hopefully they get  compensated.

I do really like the look of the pistol from WE especially the steel inner frame. Seems like they really put effort into it. I actually can't wait for this release.  

On 7/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

5 year guarantee?  This is a thing?

Yea, It's on the box for my fns 9 and apparently they will fix replace your pistol if needs be. 

Wow!! Sorry for the double tap!!

While I am happy to see WE doing this, it is sad the SIG quality has fallen to such a low level of quality control. I had a P225, P220 (with old style mag release) and P226 many years ago and they were high quality firearms and I shot them well (especially the P225).

Thanks for the info on the warranty on the FNS 9 as that just put it in the top spot for my next purchase.

It's not called anything right now except "New P Series pistol" 😛 

But Sig Sauer are bringing out a commercial version of the M17 to the market called P320 M17 so.

Hmmm... I guess I prefer the version without the safety, hopefully since the chassi is modular WE will release many different versions and kits for this.

24 minutes ago, NonEx said:

It's not called anything right now except "New P Series pistol" 😛 

But Sig Sauer are bringing out a commercial version of the M17 to the market called P320 M17 so.

Hmmm... I guess I prefer the version without the safety, hopefully since the chassi is modular WE will release many different versions and kits for this.

Hopefully !! The modular frame system would be a great reason to do so. 

12 hours ago, Beeingmyself said:

Shouldn't it be called the M17

The P320 don't have the safty on the slide

Maybe you should update your information

https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=p320+safety&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU7-W4xbLcAhUKQN4KHYsnC3YQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=744#imgrc=S90Wrhq35lOglM:

@uscmCorps has one of those chassis, pretty sure he kisses it every night he loves it so much, the big weirdo.

Why is it all GBB pistols seem to use the rear spigot design of the Hi-Power (firearm, not bbpew) on their recoil spring guides?  I see it bloody everywhere.  Although maybe it's a better idea than the stupid way the weak springs just barely stay put in their cut-outs underneath a lot of GBB Glock OBs.

• 2 months later...

this is the first new model ive been excited about in a long time.. its now almost october.. and still nothing

and they use the same design because china can only copy. they never innovate.  2nd reason is if it works, why bother with it. keeps costs down

Gen5 Glock will be released before the end of this year; G19X will be released later.

40 minutes ago, CZFan said:

this is the first new model ive been excited about in a long time.. its now almost october.. and still nothing

It actually takes a lot of time to fine-tune the tooling required to make the frames, etc. before production.  And then there's also time required before the products can be manufactured, packaged and shipped to your local retailers.  Just because pictures/videos of a "functioning" product ("functioning" in quotations applied because they might be cherry-picking what they're showing you, a lot of issues that they might've found with the first sample will definitely not be shown to you in any of the images or videos released) was released back in July doesn't mean it'll be released within a few months from the product debut on social media.

The factory will also need a minimum order quantity of 1,000 pcs or so before they can go to production; WE I'm sure will need to secure some 70-80% of that order before they will release it, otherwise it will eat into their revenue if they have to stock up on a significant amount of inventory.  Plus, it's not like the Glock' gonna be easy to push to their distributors especially since Umarex has the Glock licence.

40 minutes ago, CZFan said:

because china can only copy. they never innovate. 

I'm sure many Taiwanese people will like to have a word with you about the difference between PRC (which you seem to be implying; it's a false narrative you're pushing nonetheless) vs Taiwan, where WE and their factories are located.

5 hours ago, intinerious said:

Gen5 Glock will be released before the end of this year; G19X will be released later.

It actually takes a lot of time to fine-tune the tooling required to make the frames, etc. before production.  And then there's also time required before the products can be manufactured, packaged and shipped to your local retailers.  Just because pictures/videos of a "functioning" product ("functioning" in quotations applied because they might be cherry-picking what they're showing you, a lot of issues that they might've found with the first sample will definitely not be shown to you in any of the images or videos released) was released back in July doesn't mean it'll be released within a few months from the product debut on social media.

The factory will also need a minimum order quantity of 1,000 pcs or so before they can go to production; WE I'm sure will need to secure some 70-80% of that order before they will release it, otherwise it will eat into their revenue if they have to stock up on a significant amount of inventory.  Plus, it's not like the Glock' gonna be easy to push to their distributors especially since Umarex has the Glock licence.

I'm sure many Taiwanese people will like to have a word with you about the difference between PRC (which you seem to be implying; it's a false narrative you're pushing nonetheless) vs Taiwan, where WE and their factories are located.

taiwan is china. check mate.  since you want to get uppity over it

actually the p320 was somewhat announced by WE over a year ago. and i was asking in case i missed it or if any release details have happened since the last time this thread was updated, in july.  its not beyond the realm of logic to wonder if something moved along in 3 months. 

5 hours ago, CZFan said:

taiwan is china. check mate.  since you want to get uppity over it

They are Republic of China alright. Or are you talking about the People's Republic of China? They have different leaders these two... and different passports too.

• 3 months later...

WE just posted this on Facebook regarding the new WE Sig Sauer P320/M17 pistols: 

We would like to announce, owing to various business consideration and inability to reach mutual business operational agreement, we will suspend the cooperation with SIG SAUER on manufacturing and selling full trade-mark M17 6mm airsoft pistol, until further agreement has been compromised.

Although we are disappointed about the suspension of cooperation, our team are determined to honor our commitment to the market and will continuously striving for new products development and professional service to serve our worldwide customers.

tUaim5C.png

Not sure if that is stopping the product entirely, or just the licensed markings on them 😐

6 hours ago, 1st Commando said:

WE will likely still release a version without trades . Another OEM is going to be doing the traded version for Sig Air 

QRF magazine posted some preview images for their upcoming issue and the pictures they used for the WE Sigs had no trademarks on them, not even on the frame. WE was smart enough to make non-traded molds off the bat, wonder if they saw this coming.

E9B1401F-3BBF-4162-AF86-7240126F8F52.jpeg

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, Wooly_Booly said:

QRF magazine posted some preview images for their upcoming issue and the pictures they used for the WE Sigs had no trademarks on them, not even on the frame. WE was smart enough to make non-traded molds off the bat, wonder if they saw this coming.

E9B1401F-3BBF-4162-AF86-7240126F8F52.jpeg

I have no doubt they did . Either that or Sig realised that WE would be selling unmarked versions out of the back door and went to an OEM that doesn't do that 

Archived