New handgun

APOModern5

What region do you live in?

What times of the year do you play?

Most hand guns are gas powered that are in popular use, but if you live in a cold climate, you may run into performance instabilities if you go for a gas gun. If you play all year round, you'd be tuning it pretty often.

You might want to consider, if you take sniping seriously, a small electric SMG. Like an MP5k or VFCs upcoming MP7.

If you are set on a handgun and don't mind it being electric and relitively low powered, you could go for an AEP. 

Gas guns generally have better FPS and are capable of better range than an AEP, but AEPs can still compete in range up to a point. The last AEP I built I could hit targets reliably out to 230ish feet with .25g BBs. Those BBs were only flying out of the muzzle at 225fps, but I had my skorpion rhoped for the increased stability. 

The hard part with AEPs though is that they need modifications. A couple things for reliability like a shim job, maybe steel bushings (I have skipped that before), a mosfet. And a couple things for performance like running it on 7.4v lipos and installing an r hop. But, not a lot of techs will actually work on AEPs, so unless you like to tinker, it may be difficult to find someone willing to set up a marui g18c for you. Cause if there's anything I know about AEPs, is that they just can't compete when stock.

I have 2 Marui g18cs right now with some upgrades on the side. Sort of collected over the last 2 years from one of my clients. I sold my last AEP and missed it, so I'm mostly happy to have these Glocks. But I'm not sure I care to dabble in CQB anymore. Just trying to decide if I actually want to build them.

Now, when it comes to gas guns. Even if you live in a cold climate, you do have some choices. Tokyo Marui GBB pistols are made with plastic bodies. With some tuning, you can install metal body/slide kits, but if you leave them stock, they actually perform well in colder temps on green gas. Marui also makes a non blowback MK23 that works just fine in the cold as all the gas pressure available just goes to firing the BBs. It's just, with AEPs, they will shoot stabaly regardless of temperature, even in automatic firing modes. with gas guns generally shooting with less power the colder it gets (in the middle of a mag too if you shoot it to fast), which forces you to make on the fly hopup adjustments for distances over 50 feet.

If you are in a warm climate or only play on warm days, then I'd recommend a gas gun. Marui is definitely one of the best, but if you seek metal, a Marui is still good, but it can get pricy when buying tuning parts for a metal body kit. 

Other brands to consider is WE, VFC, KJW, and maybe a few others, but everyone has varying reliability depending on the model. Marui is the only one that has a proven consistency record and a low lemon rate. 

Most pistols made of a certain quality can reliably reach out to 100 feet, but it's best to go with the most proven platforms to deal with the least amount of fickleness. Gas guns tend to be divas.

My picks for pistols:

1.) KJW KP13 with Maple Leaf hop-up chamber and inner barrel for the TM G17. Has the range and accuracy. Compatible with all TM G17 parts (and Guarder) with the exception of the Magazine release which is all metal and a different design. Can use all TM, KJW and WE G17 green gas and C02 magazines. Terrific grip.

2.) Cyber Gun Colt 1911-A1 Rail Gun. Has the range and accuracy (I use .25's). CO2 magazines give very good power. Very dependable and very affordable.

3.) ASG Cz P07. When using C02 magazines, this pistol can also reach the range and accuracy your looking for. Very dependable and reasonably priced. Dont bother with green gas magazines unless you are playing inside CQB.

4.) TM Hk Mk23 non-blowback. It's big and bulky but there are up-grades available that make its already impressive range and accuracy almost amazing. You can have a problem using green gas in this pistols magazine, it cant handle the pressure very long before the seals go (especially in high temps).

5.) Cyber Gun Jericho 941 Baby Eagle non-blowback. Full sized magazine hold BB's and C02 capsule. Very plastic (like a springer) and very light (most of the weight is in the magazine. Then again the TM Mk23 is not exactly heavily built). This pistol has a fixed hop-up that is pretty effective and it is very very quiet. Trigger is unusually smooth for a non-blowback pistol and is ok for quick repeat shots. About $50.00 US Dollars.

6.) TM G18c AEP. Wish I still had mine. It can certainly reach out there. The only issue is the 220-230 FPS. There are apparently up-grades for this, but I've only seen it on Youtube and it seemed like a lot of work. 

*Note: Each of these pistols can hit a gallon plastic milk container at 90 feet!

Honorable mention:

1.) ASG Styer M9A1 C02 non-blowback. As it has no hop-up, it is really only effective inside of 70 feet with .25's. However, it is one of the most heavily built non-blowbacks I've ever owned. The trigger is a long, hard but smooth pull. It uses metal stick magazines, much like the TM G18c AEP, however these are far easier to load. The C02  is contained in the grip and is super easy to change C02 12 grams. When I felt like counting, I managed over 70 shots (thats when I stopped counting..the pistol kept going for awhile longer).  Inside of that 70 feet it is quite good and has a very comfortable grip. 

Just for laughs, I added a red dot sight and SIG 552 Flash Hider. As the only parts that move are the internals, you can hang all sorts of stuff on these things without any effect on the pistols operation or efficiency.

First and foremost, it depend on what you see as fun.  Pistols are like jewelry/lego for men.  If it looks good, and you can take it apart it makes up for the experience in getting a handgun.  In field games they are mostly last ditch weapons, or in CQB they are more than adequate as primaries.

As already said, you have AEP, NBB, CO2 GBB and Propane GBB.  AEPs, NBBs are merely practical tools but are boring, and one has too little power/reach for 100ft, while one has too much power.  CO2 GBBs are a pain to reload in field or playing at home so you won't get as much time with the pistol as you would on a propane GBB.

I skirmish between 0*C and 30*C, averaging between 10-20*C so most propane gas guns are fine.  The issue is that most manufacturers are situated in countries where it never gets as cold enough for them to test guns under 10*C.  Their design specs is for their guns to run between 20-40*C.

If I was using it for a last ditch it has to be:

- Small enough to fit in a mag pouch, or a modern holster

- Holds 2 mags worth of gas so field reloads are possible

- Reliable enough to work in my operating conditions (temperature/sand/mud).

- Has enough power to reach 100ft and punch through light foliage (280fps at minimum)

This means that there are only a few guns which fits the bill:

- VFC PPQ (requires cold weather mods)

- WE P228 (requires cold weather mods)

- WE Beretta 84

- KSC/WE Glock 19/23  

- KSC/WE Glock 26

If you are more for full size framed pistols, then there are more options but you are carrying more weight for about the same performance.

I dare say though that,If you're somewhat weight conscious, you don't carry a pistol :). That half inch more plastic or monkey metal won't make the difference.

Mag weight does, for example. You carry multiple of them. 1911 mags, for example are very light being thin single stacks, 228 mags are just chunks of metal.
Co2 mags remain to be seen, you have the cuts for the bulb, but quite a chunky baseplate.

Full sized pistol might fit your hand better, house 10mm longer inner barrels, longer sight radius and general pointability ( for me).

I'll continue in a second post, answering the Op, this time.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Looking for a new handgun, it has to be really good, and hit close to 100 feet accurately because I have a sniper I sometimes use. Any suggestions?
ASG P09 barely any upgrades because none needed. Co2. Fde possible
ASG/Kjw Kp13 is a glock clone in a very nive nez jacket. Co2
Tm M&P. Performs very well, but can upgtade if needs must. Fde possible
Tm Mk23 is thé sniper sidearm. Nbb, ninja quiet.
ASG/Kwa MP9. Loud scary cqb mothertrucker.
Tm hicapa 5.1 or shorter 4.3 and variants.
Upgrades galore, but Very nice startergun.
Tm, we g18. Basically same old glock, but goes 'BRRRRRRRAPP' and then you change mags.

My 2c

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Wingmann said:

TM PX4 with an aluminium slide. It fits my hand like a tit.

Ha ha ha hilarious 😂, I'm going to use this analogy in the future!! Well played good sir !!

I like the VFC fns 9, no need for upgrades and looks great. Cheap and reliable with great kick. 

Mafioso kimbers with co2 cut if money is no object. 

14 hours ago, Lone_Bullet said:

I dare say though that,If you're somewhat weight conscious, you don't carry a pistol :). That half inch more plastic or monkey metal won't make the difference.

Mag weight does, for example. You carry multiple of them. 1911 mags, for example are very light being thin single stacks, 228 mags are just chunks of metal.
Co2 mags remain to be seen, you have the cuts for the bulb, but quite a chunky baseplate.

Full sized pistol might fit your hand better, house 10mm longer inner barrels, longer sight radius and general pointability ( for me).

I'll continue in a second post, answering the Op, this time.

While I agree the chance of pulling out a pistol in the field is slim, particularly for Hicap AEG users, it has occurred more than enough times to warrant a pistol.

- Weapon jams while reloading (residual BBs rolling out of the hop chamber jamming into magwell)

- Situation where it takes too long to reload in a dire situation (I run low-caps/real caps/GBBs so that happens a fair bit)

- Having a primary cover and primary arc of fire (MG or sniper rifle), then having pistol cover close range secondary arcs on multiple targets, particularly in a defensive position

So having a pistol is better than none.

Mag width does correlate to weight but it also correlates to rounds per charge.  Smaller mags fire less rounds per charge of magazine as it holds less gas, which means its more prone to not working well in colder temperatures.  Rather than running with heavy mags like full size hicapa/glock/sig mags, compact framed "double stacker" pistols provide the best weight for performance balance.

I do acknowledge smaller frames aren't the best for gripping or sight radius, but the PPQ/P228/Beretta 84 are all extremely pointable, lightweight and has ample hand grip.  They are all compact framed pistols, but they do lack the FPS of the full frame pistols, and except for the PPQ, they lack ability to attach modern accessories (which really for a compact pistol isn't really important)

For the last 20 years, I have in the past or currently own:

- 5"/6" SVIs (WA)

-6/5.1/4.3 Hicapa (KJW/TM/WE/AW)

- Desert Eagle (TM/KWC)

- M1911 (TM/WE/KWC/KSC)

- PPK (Maruzen)

- PPQ (VFC)

- P99 (Maruzen/KJW)

- P8/USP (KJW/KWA)

- Glock 17/18/19/23/26/26c/34 (TM/WE//KJW/KSC)

- TT33 (WE)

- M&P 9 (WE/VFC)

- Mk23 (TM/KWA)

- 92FS (TM/WE/WA/HFC/KJW)

- 93R (KSC/UHC)

- 84FS (WE)

- M1934 (WS)

- P08 (WE)

- M712 (WE)

- CZ75 (KSC/KJW)

- SIG P226/P228/P229 (TM/KJW/WE/KSC/HFC)

- Browning HP (Tanaka/WE)

I have fielded all of them, and as a tech, I have worked on pretty much every model out there. 

I can pretty much tell you whats hot and whats not, but it does pretty much depend on your needs/looks/wants.  There is really no right answer, all we can do here is to make you, the buyer, aware of the considerations you will need to see if you are buying a new rifle/pistol etc. for whatever you want to do.  In the end you have to learn for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing a lot of glocks from various brands.  I know it doesn't affect performance, but licencing is a big deal for me atm so I'm think the Elite Force Glock with a maple leaf barrel set would be great for my needs and quite the looker.  Plus it can use older we tech mags since I care less about the what's on the mag than the gun in terms of trade marks.  Thanks all.  Gonna look at the KJW too as backup

Archived