looking for some advice after a long hiatus

newtoairsoft

Hello all! Despite what my username might imply, I played airsoft on a fairy regular basis some years ago. I’ve recently regained an interest in the hobby and I wanted to ask  a question or two before I make a purchase. Im interested in a gas blow back rifle of some sort, preferably a higher end model. I’ve been looking at the Marui M4 CQBR, as well as some of the G&P Woc and VFC offerings. Looking for some guidance as to which is the best quality replica, or if there are other brands/models I should look in to. Much appreciated.

Most reliable m4 type IMO is the GHK , it has green gas and co2 mags available and all inner parts are made of steel, also spare parts are easy to get at Samoon.com. GHK wocs look better though as do VFCs, but both are finicky,  WE are good for the price and a lot of options are available for them. Marui is also a very good option but not sure how long they will hold up using green gas as the intended use is duster gas. That's my opinion on the AR 15 platforms available. 

16 hours ago, Arnie said:

From memory the WE GBB M4 has a wealth of parts for it, although you'll have to compare reviews and notes to decide on the most reliable GBB rifle out there.

Are they acually in stock anywhere anymore?

Haven't seen them in stock for a long in my usual airsoftshops

It's a 2 horse race between the TM and GHK these days, not seeing much compelling reason to buy anything else if you want quality and reliability.  G&P are so behind the game they're out of it, WE can be alright but they are and always have been the budget option, VFC.. always a gamble it seems - better than they were and still the prettiest but still don't have all the functional kinks ironed out.

You want the best overall quality then it's one of the 2 aforementioned; GHK has the realism and perhaps the safer bet for propane or co2, but TM sacrificing realism of the internals of course can have its' advantages.  That's really a personal preference at that point.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't touch the G&P WOC with a bargepole - worst piece of *suitcase* I've ever owned... Wouldn't fire one BB from any of the five mags I bought with it and when I spoke to other owners, the solution was to basically bodge a high end replica with tape. For the same reason, I never use RedWolf - messed me about for months and I had to get my card company to recover my money after they'd had the gun back for 2m. Terrible gun, terrible seller.

So... go for GHK or Marui if you've got the wedge or WE if you want some variety plus a stack of steel replacement inner bits.

14 hours ago, 3vi1-D4n said:

M4s...

For performance: Marui > GHK > WE > VFC > All others

For durability:  Marui > GHK > WE > VFC>All others

For realism and feel:  Viper > Inokatsu > VFC (forged) > VFC (Cast) > Marui > GHK > WE

For cost: WE > All others.

GHK > marui for durability, ghk > marui for realism. Ghk with DH > marui for performance 

Archived