Action RAS Rail Kit for AUG with 500mm TN barrel

Hedganian

AUG A1 SR to A3 CQC conversion kit (Action RAS Kit) with 500mm TN tightbore inner barrel.

Everything you need to convert your AUG A1 SR (TM's AUG Civilian) railed receiver and barrel to an A3 CQC.

Most of the parts are made from aluminium with steel screws, etc. All rails are included as is the outer barrel section and screws/bolts which hold it together. No flash excluder is included, but I can throw in one from an original A1 style if you need one (or just use the one already fitted to the donor barrel you'll be using).

As this kit is just slightly shorter than the stock AUG A1 barrel (509m innner barrel), I've included a 500mm inner barrel. It's a very solid TN tightbore, probably 6.03mm. I don't remember the make now as I bought it years ago and no longer have the invoice. Closest one I can find is on Fire Support for almost £60, so this is not a cheap barrel.

Fitting is easy - simply remove the top rail from your receiver, knock the pin out (a 3mm drill bit works best for this) and remove the front sling loop (you can refit this to the front of the railed section) and the outer barrel from your barrel section (you need to remove the foregrip to do this, as the grub screw is located under it). When removing the outer barrel, take care not to lose the little square lug that is inbetween the outer barrel and the gas plug. I recommend gluing both the gas plug and lug in place, as they're hard to replace if you lose them.

Once they're removed, put the replacement outer barrel in its place then slide the railed section onto the barrel and receiver and bolt it in place with the four fixings in the top rail (two screw down from the top at the front and two up from underneath at the rear). Once it's fastened in place, you can no longer separate the barrel section from the receiver section, so be aware of this. You can refit the original foregrip if you want, but it will no longer be able to fold.

The last step is to replace the inner barrel with the 500mm one and then refit the flash excluder to the new outer barrel.

I don't think you can get these conversion kits on their own any more. I'm not sure what people would pay for this, so I'm open to offers but please don't take the mick - it's all quality parts made from proper materials rather than the pot metal most AEGs are made from, and the inner barrel is a top quality upgrade. All this was bought back in the day when I had enough money to get the best available.

Archived