Metal hop arm for ICS SA80?

ED-SKaR

Whilst I do love my ICS L86, it's basically been in unusable condition since I got it. The hop is always pressed down too far, even for heavy BBs because the plastic hop arm bends and presses down too far.

I've been searching for a metal hop arm for a while and all I can find is a dead e-bay account called arbitraryambitions. I wonder if they are still making/selling them or if there is a better option somewhere else.

Does anyone know of an existing metal hop arm for the ICS sa80, or, more likely, does anybody have skill with machine tools who can quote me to build one? 

I have considered this, but because the part where it bends is around a 90°  angle, it's a mechanical weak point. I could put re-enforcement into the peg as you suggest, but the body of the hop arm still bends. I have also considered combining re-enforcing the peg with epoxying a metal plate to the body of the hop arm, but even then, there is 90° between the peg and the body so I'm convinced it will still bend.

I also don't want to try to modify it until I have a replacement. Not that it's usable right now...

If I can't get a metal one I will eventually turn to re-enforcing the existing one.

I checked out that seller you mentioned, ArbitraryAmbitions - and while the listing itself is dead I don't think the seller is! Someone left feedback for him 8th August (Yesterday). Definitely send him a message to see if he's got the dimensions for a custom CNC maybe. There are users on here which could help you out with the actual production - one chap in Germany called AACAirsoft or similar basically CNCed himself a complete new gun. 

Archived