WE All new G series products

fnc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

19x in tan is released by WE now. Just waiting for it to go live on KY.

The markings I’m torn on. As I’ve been waiting for the tan version, I would like to get it marked. I’m betting someone will make a small run of frames at a later date once Glock calm down a bit.

Has anyone bought any of their traded stuff? How’s it look in person?

It’s a shame there’s nowhere UK based that do it decently

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received mine, the marked version.

Overall it’s rather nice! Punchiest of all my glocks to fire as well. Will try and use this as my main sidearm for the rest of the year.

Couple of issues though, first is that the new style of mag release is rather poor. Each side looks to be one piece, but I can raise and lower them to different heights, and they don’t seem to engage at the same height by themselves. Annoyingly it has the same problem with almost all Airsoft glocks in that the arm for the mag to raise, points slightly upward itself, which is just a daft design in my option. Flat or if anything, slightly down, is where it should point. None of my 6 WE mags engage it more than 10% of the time so that’ll need reshaping.

The other is the lanyard. I cannot for the life of me figure how to get this in. Plenty of people with reviews didn’t bother, I assume because they couldn’t figure it out either. Then genuine article comes with it installed. Seems like it should flex and pinch in but it doesn’t.

0673a8fcc2de603f22c9879355e03815.jpg

11939c4d4e4d7991a1158a26ffc06712.jpg

c0124cc6033c403b67d81a109fe5d633.jpg

It looks like WE screwed up cloning the lanyard loop.  It shouldn't be closed like that.

Use a saw and cut down vertically, maybe file a bit across the top too.  You might have to remove a bit of that bridging material depending on saw blade thickness to allow it to spring in and out.

Major fail on WE's part there.  Like the Desert Eagle scope ring mount cuts.

ytKaTyM.jpg

Just what I was about to say 😛

That should make it flex in place. And then use a punch in the hole to get it out.

Looks nicely finished and marked.

Not sure I understand what you are saying about the magazine release though? :o 

Thanks Hitman, will do. Only worry is that it won’t actually flex, and simply then push back but not come back. well see!

Nonex, Emory mag goes in, pull the slide back. 10-20% of the time it’ll engage the slide release and raise, but the new side will raise higher than the old side (in terms of generation). I’ve noticed that it’s a bit stiffer than previous versions and the follower spring isn’t pushing it up hard enough, which doesn’t help!

Oh wait.  I think WE have changed the lanyard plug design completely from the RS so my mod suggestion wouldn't make sense.  From Airsoft Mike's video that I just scanned through to see the lanyard loop, it looks like WE has designed it to flex at the point I've suggested to cut and it's open underneath the nub that engages in the frame.  WTF?  Could you post a pic to clarify?

I can't see how you'd be able to mod that to give it some flex. WE must have got the tea boy to design this part.

Archived