WE All new G series products

fnc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a little more on the slide release’s new design.

This evening I took a closer look at how my mag springs and the slide release were interacting. I have stretched the magazine springs so that they push the release harder. Standard they are barely enough to do the job. Weird.

So now that they push the slide release up further, I have also noticed that the 2 sides are not symmetrical, which seems odd as the right side doesn’t actually stop the slide at all.

It’s slightly thinner in profile, which means that it stops short of its recess in the slide. Think this is probably another manufacturing floor.

Thankfully I really like the profile of the 19x, and it’s seeing great popularity in the real community after the initial hatred, so I’m happy to roll with it now that I’ve fixed the problems.

The slide releases do not naturally sit at the same height. There is flex in the left side, as I’ve stretched the magazine springs this now travels to full height against the slide.
a83ef0cbe8b451ca89e47f948a58c910.jpg

Slide release stops short of stopping the slide on the new side.
9757a94ae2e2ee6669d5fcff5a9b8853.jpg
74dfb9d17c4faa6e3e052fd1af7eee17.jpg

Recess’ in the slide are identical on both sides.
e8dc803474e72c23769b519719195b15.jpg

Due to the low height on the left slide release, its already chipped a corner off the slide. Quite a shame as it could have been avoided by designing the 2 sides to work together and share the load.
42ad48bf2dd73782c72c8967e1af4036.jpg

Pretty sure the right side slide catch is just an ambi release in reality on the airsoft models to reduce friction and slide wear. It should work as a release, but the left hand side will act as both catch and release. Nothing to worry about really if you can release it ambidextrously.

Meaning, if it were to catch on both sides, and you try to release it from just one side, the friction of both sides locking up would make it significantly harder to release and also cause more wear and damage to the slide. This is due to the materials used in airsoft and their durability and as you mention the flex in the ambi slide release design as well.

Can't recall what gun or model but I am pretty sure I have seen exactly that on a previous pistol with ambi slide release controls. Only catching on the left hand side, but I could release it from both sides. My VFC PPQ or FNX maybe? :o (don't have either of those anymore so can't check).

• 1 month later...

But more of an update.

Ran this a couple of weeks ago, but it kept jamming on the slide travelling rearward, rather than forward.

At first I thought this was due to the hammer spring being a little too strong, or some sharp edges. So I have filed these corners down a little smoother, there was also a moulding mark in the blowback unit that would travel over the knocker reset, and I though that was causing the jam. Filing these didn’t seem to fix.

On taking the blowback unit apart for a cleanup and not to file any plastic, putting it back together I noticed that the piston lid no longer sits solidly in place. Screwing it all the way in still allows about 1-2mm of movement backward and forwards, and some tilting as such. Now I think that the jam is due to the nozzle having the same movement against the magazine router, and the piston lid.

When it jams rearward, it piston is retracted, but not off the router yet, and removing the mag releases the slide 50% of the time.

Not seen this issue with the lid before. Has anyone else?

Interestingly a spare KJW nozzle would fit. The WE nozzle would not fit the KJW

Performance was better today, but my KJW/Guarder build still blew it out of the water.

Hammer spring swapped out for a weaker one, has helped a large amount. Also swapped out an Antifreeze cylinder bulb.

Only problem left is the recoil rod tilting. Seems designed, but caused a less smooth cycle

• 4 weeks later...

Getting a little frustrated with mine in all honesty. Even in the warmer weather it’s just not performing as well as an Army Armament 17.

For now I’ve tried removing the heavier springs on the hammer and recoil, which resulted in low power. I’ve now cut a recoil spring down to size which is a little weaker, but kept the heavier hammer spring in for that punch.

Bit disappointing as I love the look and profile. But for whatever reason it’s just low on power, and the stock springs set up is preventing it cycling decently. Standard recoil and hammer spring means the slide gets stopped by the hammer at the sear engagement point, unless a weaker recoil spring is used, or a weaker hammer spring is used.

Take the mag out of the 19X and put it in my 17, instant performance boost comparing the 2.

• 2 months later...

I've ran my Umarex G19X for a couple of games now and it's a bit of a tank. Red gas and .28g's seem to be the way to go.

I was going to put a RMR on the G19X but to do so I need to drill and tap the plate that comes with the RMR G mount for it to work. Rear sight setup is different from the Umarex normal G19.

It seems to like any TM compatible magazine I stick in it and as I found out last weekend if you forget the allen key to adjust the hop you can just pop the slide off and turn it by hand.

Archived