Tokyo Marui teaser for All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2018

iZo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/29/2018 at 9:37 PM, aznriptide859 said:

I want to know Marui Man's skincare secrets. He hasn't aged a day in the past 5-10 years of presenting these updates lol.

They must keep him in cryo until he's needed for a trade event.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:30 PM, Mike_West said:

That "BIG MAC10" is ridiculous, but I like the "SGE Rifle". Looks like fictional guns are gaining ground after UAR and that XCOM rifle.

I quite like actually, could see a RS version being popular in the states as new machine guns are unavailable but a conversion based on a MAC10 could prove popular.  The rifle Bullpen was cool too.

I just wish they or other folks would do something that takes either ak mags (that isn't just a bullpup kit) or something 308 that isn't AR pattern magazine (g3 or fal).  I kinda had hope that the folks that made that XR-5 rifle would have expanded the model into a series that included such options.

I kinda also want to imagine what would happen if TM combined their hopup fairy dust with flat hop.

• 2 weeks later...

Acatually, they did. TM's first GBB and first GBB ever was a Hi Power. Not that we're going to hold it to any modern standard.

The CZ and Hi Power will always perform far less in the market than what Marui wants to invest in. They know M4's and 1911's are far more profitable. All the other ventures tend to be a fan service like the AA12, PSG-1 ect.. 

*Puts on pedant hat* The S&W M59 was TMs first GBB.  BHP was the second. 

As you say, we can't really compare such a relic to today's GBBs.

I'd say there was just as big a market for BHP as there is for a 5-7.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:08 PM, hitmanNo2 said:

How do you know unless TM makes one?

You can't judge the market appeal of say a Hi Power just because the JAC, Tanaka and WE aren't popular.

I tend to agree. Many don't like the WE as they chose to use the tangent sight model for some obscure reason. Tanaka you can never get spares....and there does not appear to be too many upgrade parts for the KJW CZ.

The HP & CZ are classics. If TM made them, you could rest assured that in no time there would be aftermarket slides / frames etc for them by Guarder et al.

I think they're missing a trick tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been thinking whether or not a Makarov would sell for TM.  None of the current offerings of them have really done well in sales iirc.  It was prolific enough in films/games/shows for awhile, and there is a slight growth in interest in Russian/former east bloc kit (though massively overshadowed by US/NATO kit).  There is also the more modern pistols like MP-443, 446, etc. they could take a look at.

"Dreams of a TM Stechkin"

On 10/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, Wingman said:

Hk P7M13, Colt Combat Commander (with and without rail), Colt Officers Model, Browning Hi-Power (new model). S&W 5906, S&W 4506 Tactical, S&W 4006 Tactical and maybe a Bren Ten Special Forces Model. Am I really asking for too much?

I'll second that Bren, but I'll take a full size.

Image result for Bren Ten

On 10/27/2018 at 10:33 PM, Wingman said:

Hk P7M13[.] Am I really asking for too much?

Goddamnit yes. There is enough demand for P7s for Octagon to buy up ancient MGCs and start low-volume production of metal slides for those antiques. TM already make a springer, c'mon... 

On 10/30/2018 at 7:21 AM, Colin_The+Ferret said:

Why can't Marui release a new full sized UZI?

The problem isn't demand, it's technical prowess. The TM AEG is long, long discontinued and even when it was around was hobbled by the absolutely bizarre reverse-action bagel-cylinder Version 5 gearbox and the total lack of support for that. I sold a used TM UZI years ago and even then it had been a decade or more since you could get replacements for the unique and fragile gearset. Most TM UZIs must be paperweights by now, and the alternatives (the long, long discontinued Maruzen AEP, the horrible Well AEP) suck(ed) pretty badly too. The WA Mini UZI is OK, and the KWC is great if you have appropriately low expectations, but we are long overdue a decent UZI.

With VFC claiming to release an AEG MP7 later this year maybe we'll see the gearbox developments required to build a decent UZI, but I'm not holding my breath. If we can't have an AEG MP5 that isn't crippled by some stupid feature or other (looking at you, needlessly complex VFC 3rd burst) I'm not sure any company's going to be prepared to make the financial investment. A WE GBB isn't outside the realms of possibility, but my dream - TM Recoil Shock UZI with Guarder (or LCT) stamped steel body - is likely to stay a dream.

The thing is, they could make a full sized uzi and stick an AEP gearbox in it and get similar or better performance and reliability out of it. I have an original and functioning TM Uzi SMG but I never use it due to the scarcity of replacement parts which is a shame because it's a hoot to fire, and a very comfortable and easy gun to use. Or they could make a GBB, it's not like that's unknown technology for them.

Archived