Fitness / Phys. & Supplements?

TeddyBhoy

Supplements  

1. 1. Do you take any supplements to aid your fitness training?

• Yes. (Please expand below)
    • No. (Why not?)

Hey everyone,

I'm recently returning from a bit of a hiatus and as such my fitness levels aren't quite what they used to be, shall we say!

Not only has the world of Airsoft not stood still for me... Neither has the world of fitness. There's a lot of new and conflicting opinions on what methods of training are best and whether supplements are needed - I used to just take a multivitamin & a Fish oil but it seems there is a lot more on offer these days and I'm wondering if any of it lives up to the hype!

To put a Brief forward: I'm looking to get back into the sport with a view in particular to Milsim/Weekend events. So being the little Gear Gremlin I am, I'll need to work on my endurance, strength and stamina so I can carry it all weekend.. I'm thinking of Blitzing some HIIT cardio combined with rounded strength training from compound lifts.  

What training plans are you guys doing and what are you taking to help, if anything? I'd also appreciate any advice on my own plan from guys who are doing similar extended events :)

Teddy

Creatine, fish oil and vit d are the big three supplements that 1) work 2) are legal.

Take a look at the US Army 'combat readiness test' for inspiration too but it sounds like you have it covered.

Got 105 clean and jerk the other day and getting close to the 180 squat but my cardio is *fruitcage* shocking haha

Edit: unless you use heavy guns you dont need to be super strong for airsoft really, walking and running up hills will do you

Joking aside, I do hiit training, and bodyweight exercises, mixed in with some dumbells, but mainly bodyweight. 

I used to play at the gym, but wasn't really making the most of my membership so cancelled. 

Supplements, I don't bother with now. Tried some t5 fat burners, but I don't think they had any benefits. 

For hiit, I use programs from Joe wicks. They are easily accessible, and tiring so I'm guessing they work. Bodyweight, I follow tom merrick and the kavadlo brothers. Both have decent programs that will cover from the basics to advanced stuff. 

With supplements, even things like fish oil you will get tons of conflicting advice, and you can drive yourself mad researching things. I think the best thing you can do is eat clean, and vary your meals to get everything you need. Prepping helps too, we do that a lot so you have fast but decent meals during the week 😃

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

And if you don't have time for that, just bosh some cocaine and you'll be rampaging in no time :lol:

My fav airsoft story, even better then 'he burnt my patch' is the 'green mountain rangers' in america doing coke in the car park at a milsim event then having an altercation with danny mcnight from black hawk down lmao

I find my legs give out before my arms do regardless of my increase in exercise in the past year.  Figure I got too many tiny tears throughout them that refuse to heal.  Usually on game day the adrenaline I can never get at any other time keeps me going till I get home and then I became a hobbling mess for awhile.

Archived