A Bad Month for My Pistol Collection

Wingman

Been shooting quite a bit lately and in the process, I've run into some issues.

1.) My KJW CZ75's trigger group has finally given up and wont cycle the hammer. I've had this pistol so long that I can remember how many years old it is. Was always a nice performer and one of my favorites. Looks like total replacement time.

2,) My KJW Hi-Cappa magazine release will no longer retain the magazine while being fired. The mag release spring has always seemed weak to me so now I'm looking for a replacement that comes with a heavier spring (any sugguestions?). I'd also like to find something with a slightly shorter "button" as I've had several magazine releases while holstering.

3.) I've been built several G17 and G19 pistols over the last 2 years (most are complete Guarder builds) and they look and work pretty well. With the exception that I'm not getting a great many shots out of a gas filled magazine (using Green Gas and Propane). I'd go with C02, but I'm not sure the hammer group can take the pounding. I've read quite a bit about the hammer group in these pistols as not being satisfactory for this and I spent a lot on these builds to blow them up.

4.) All 3 magazines for my TM Mk23 have decided to leak badly and I'm searching for new magazines that can use Green Gas/Propane. Not much luck so far.

5.) The last of my two TM Five seveN's has finally given up. I never fired anything other than Duster through either of them! Kept the pistol and magazines lubed, but now the inner rails have started to come loose and all 6 magazine will not hold gas.

So I'm looking to build or buy a new pistol that can take the pressure for constant C02 use, capacity for 20-30 BB's, a picatinny rail, locks open on the last shot and no longer than a 1911. I'm also thinking that I should stick with a 1911/Hi-Cappa single action design as they just seem to last longer. However, I would consider other really durable models. I considered the new Novritsch pistol but I'm not waiting til March for the batch to ship.

My current go to pistols are: Cybergun Colt Rail Gun and Parkerized 1911A1 (not enough bb capacity), ASG CZ P09's (concerned about double action trigger), KJW P229 (this pistol is a tank but it doesnt have bb capacity or C02 capability, several VSG PPQ M2's (have the range and accuracy, but not the C02 ability or bb capacity) and my made up KJW framed 1911 with Guarder 4.3 OPS Tactical slide. Very accurate, very good range and hits pretty hard, but no rail, and is Green Gas only.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Finally found some STTI magazines here in the US and ordered 3 of them. If they work as well as I've been told, I'll buy some more as you can never have too many magazines (lol).

Unfortunate that manufacturers dont put as much effort into the non-blowback market. I have an ASG Styer M9 which is a very solid pistol that is very well built but doesnt come with a hop-up. Out to 50-60 feet it is fairly accurate but the power factor is quite high (puts dents into a cookie baking sheet at 70 feet with .25's). I've heard power factor is over 400 fps and I believe it. Trigger takes a good strong pull but is smooth and after awhile you get used to it. Capacity of 15-16 bb's is a limitation but I get huge number of shots from a single C02 cartridge.

Give me a well built non-blowback , shooting at 325-350 with a hop-up, about the size of a G17 or even a USP with 25 round magazine and a decent trigger and I could be happy.

There was a rumor that the new Umarex "G" models were going to include a NBB pistol but there has not been any mention of it since the last shot-show. 

• 3 weeks later...

Made final decision (for now-lol). Looks like I will be using Cybergun Colt Rail Gun. But not the one I've had for awhile,  a new one that I found while on a trip with my wife last weekend doing the fall foliage and antique shop thing.

Apprently KWC made a run of Colt Rail Guns with the "correct" rail. I had never heard of this. However, as we stopped at a huge Army/Navy Surplus store, I noticed it advertised Airsoft. Usually, that means a minimal stock of cheap products in bubble packaging (basically junk). I was pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong. 

Maybe a  100 AEG and GBB rifles on the wall from quality makers and two large glass counter pistol display cases. One contained all their green-gas pistols and the other held all their C02 pistols.

The brands were KJW, KWA, KWC, Elite Force, ASG, WE and Cybergun. A pretty nice selection that you usually never see in New England. The gentleman behind the counter was knowledgeable and let me handle anything I asked for. I noticed the "all stainless" Rail Gun and he handed it over. I immediately noticed the different rail and the very reasonable price and promptly handed him my credit card. The pistol, 2 spare magazines, 2 cans of green gas (impossible to find in my home area), small bottle of silicone oil and my wife had found a really nice 1911 Tekmat (used when working on your pistols so you dont scratch a table surface) came home with me.

When we got back, I immediately took to the back yard with a bunch of loaded up C02 magazines and threw about 200 shots of .25's "down range". What a terrific pistol! Right out of the box, the accuracy, power and range were really good. I had no "issues" with the pistol other than with the black grip screws, slide release pin tip (that protrudes from the right side of the frame), the magazine release screw and the pin that holds the mainspring housing in the grip frame. It just didnt look like it belonged on a "stainless" pistol.

All these issues were resolved with a little bit of emery cloth and steel wool and then application of a clear enamel. Looks pretty sweet now.

These pistols always seem to just keep on working. Spare parts kits are available and should the worst case scenario happen, they can be replaced at a reasonable price.

Now I just need some more of the "stainless" style magazines. If anyone has seen them for sale someplace, I'd be grateful for a "heads up".

Thanks

Archived