More work carried out on this. Still need to add to labels and decals for a little more detail. Gas mask cannister (original with 60% original paint) needs stencils and some paint work, doesn't stand out enough. Hose to mask needs changing as its too stiff, also needs swapping to the other side as its hard to shoulder anything. Slowly getting there.

Apocolyp Vest 3.jpg

Apocolyp Vest 4.jpg

Apocolyp Vest 5.jpg

What irks me about post apoc loadouts is that most of the time they are eye candy with lots of stuff strapped on, gingling away and the pockets and backpack are hard or non accessable nor easy to drop.

Yours looks thought-out. Good, practical and realistic loadout.

Vewwy nice!

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Lone_Bullet said:

What irks me about post apoc loadouts is that most of the time they are eye candy with lots of stuff strapped on, gingling away and the pockets and backpack are hard or non accessable nor easy to drop.

Yours looks thought-out. Good, practical and realistic loadout.

Vewwy nice!

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Many thanks.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:58 PM, dog green 1 said:

Hose to mask needs changing as its too stiff, also needs swapping to the other side as its hard to shoulder anything. Slowly getting there.

Washing machine waste pipe? If you get a decent one they tend to be quite supple.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2019 at 12:04 PM, Ivan le Fou said:

Nice!

Pants and vests are based on what? Did you paint them? Bleached them?

Vest has been lightly sprayed with acrylic due to it being black. The jeans were stained with tea, coffee and powder pigments mixed with vegetable oil. All garments were distressed with hole saws, hack saws, wire brush and sandpaper 

15 hours ago, dog green 1 said:

Vest has been lightly sprayed with acrylic due to it being black. The jeans were stained with tea, coffee and powder pigments mixed with vegetable oil. All garments were distressed with hole saws, hack saws, wire brush and sandpaper 

Thank you for that answer!

And since we are talking about dying clothes... do you think a PCU Level 5 Softshell could be?

Anybody think that could be done?

• 6 months later...