Chopping my sim card to make a nano, it it too old?

Tommygunn

Just wanted to check, with anyone in the know, whether I am safe to go ahead and chop my sim card and make it into a nano sim? My concern is, that since it is more than ten years old then the chip and/or internal connecting wires might be more exposed towards the edges.

My sim, below.

Tom.

Sim-Card.jpg

They might have said they couldn't but it was possible.  I've had the same number since approx 2000 and transferred it from SIM to SIM no problem.

I seem to recall they might have said they can't do PAYG to contract on the same network.  Just port it to a different network then back to original one.

They cut mine down, and I keep the same number for almost 20 years now, with the same SIM to boot. A guy from a phone stall at a mall did it for me, the card works.

Also, yes, they can transfer your number and account to a new SIM card without problems.

• 10 months later...

I just thought I'd round this off and say that I did cut my old, old sim card down myself and I had no problems at all. Just used the measurements on the internet and my wife's nano sim as a guide and chopped and filed away, no sweat.

Tom.

Archived