WE Hi Power MkIII

renegadecow

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marui's lack of international strategy lost out to WE's strategy a lot time ago.    Japanese as a culture are far more conservative than the Chinese, and it translates to their business Acumen.

Still, good news around the WE Browning MK3 even though I just bought a GP1935, I will probably pick up the Mk3 at a later date.  I have been fitting old AWSS hop ups into the Browning and the Lugers as they don't have hops at all.

Recover Tactical is bringing out a grip/frame adapter that puts a picatinny rail on the Hi-Power by just replacing the grips. Requires no tools and adds nothing to the width of the pistol. Looks pretty good and they make a retention holster for it that allows the use of your light or laser or you can use the Omnivore Holster. Will be out in April. Price for the grips are $49.95 and the holster is $49.95.

Just bought grips and holster to try out on my TM MEU. They also make them for the M9, a picatinny rail for first series Glocks (like the G26!) and some others. There is also a Slide Charging adapter for  Glocks that looks pretty effective as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted a custom Hi Power, but imo, It's pretty hard to beat the MKIII's simplicity. The no frills, plain jane MKIII is pretty good update for a gun that is almost 100 years old. And it cost less than anything with a Colt rollmark, so...

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, Gunnman said:

I always wanted a custom Hi Power, but imo, It's pretty hard to beat the MKIII's simplicity. The no frills, plain jane MKIII is pretty good update for a gun that is almost 100 years old. And it cost less than anything with a Colt rollmark, so...

Where is this thing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, Colin_The+Ferret said:

Except I don't want to import and the WA has Romanian trademarks and no metal body....

That link shows Beretta, Gardone, Italy trades and they have made several different versions.  Battle worn / suppressed / Chrome / Two Tone.  As for metal there was an ACM Clone.

And for the guy asking for Bren 10, MArushin has done it in both NBB and GBB form ( 8mm ) and FTC ( iirc ) did an old constant air classic version.

11 hours ago, BigAl said:

That link shows Beretta, Gardone, Italy trades and they have made several different versions.  Battle worn / suppressed / Chrome / Two Tone.  As for metal there was an ACM Clone.

And for the guy asking for Bren 10, MArushin has done it in both NBB and GBB form ( 8mm ) and FTC ( iirc ) did an old constant air classic version.

They did a GBB Bren? Seen the NBB and it looked OK in black and like a water pistol in chrome, but haven't come across the GBB. Love to see it get done well (or well enough) like the WE Desert Eagle. I don't think Marushin is up to the task. 

• 2 months later...

Archived