King Arms Colt Single Action

renegadecow

Couldn't rip the images on my phone so just took a screenshot. She'll eject, gas powered, full metal in cavalry and civilian lengths. Checking the King Arms page it looks to be a direct copy of Marushin from how the frame is a 2 piece design down to the shells. If that's the case don't expect too much performance out of them as the most I could squeeze out of my 4 3/4" Marushins is about 270fps and hop up I had to put in myself. 

Screenshot_20181209-083552.png

Nickel one sort of looks like it was sprayed with silver rustoleum, the kind I use to hide rust on the silver plumbing bits in my lieu; the black one looks like a water-gun dipped in resin. Hopefully these aren't the final product as they seem to be a far cry from the sample they rolled out in '17. The case-hardened one looks a little better but still not much better than a umarex. That being said, it's good to see some other SAA offerings.

Image result for king arms saa

On 12/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, DiscoBiscuit said:

Nickel one sort of looks like it was sprayed with silver rustoleum, the kind I use to hide rust on the silver plumbing bits in my lieu; the black one looks like a water-gun dipped in resin. Hopefully these aren't the final product as they seem to be a far cry from the sample they rolled out in '17. The case-hardened one looks a little better but still not much better than a umarex. That being said, it's good to see some other SAA offerings.

This is the 2017 one, which looks like the Maruzen (or Marushin?)but finish looks pretty solid. 

16 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Octagon Airsoft over at Facebook says these are scheduled to be out in January.

Pics on Octagon's site are much better, the stainless version looks pretty nic

On 12/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, DiscoBiscuit said:

Looks much better on Octagon's FB page pics, hopefully it shoots 350

On 12/27/2018 at 3:39 AM, renegadecow said:

Aaand there's no hop-up so pretty much a 100% Marushin clone with longer barrel options. Easy enough to bodge one in with minimal tools but still weird of King Arms considering that's the one single thing people complained about most with the original.

The (new version) $100 Dan Wesson looks spot on, has adjustable hop, uses a realistic shell system and shoots 350 out of the 2.5 inch barrel (C02 notwithstanding). Don't reward KA by buying this if it's a Marushin clone. If ASG can do this, why not KA?

6 hours ago, DiscoBiscuit said:

The (new version) $100 Dan Wesson looks spot on, has adjustable hop, uses a realistic shell system and shoots 350 out of the 2.5 inch barrel (C02 notwithstanding). Don't reward KA by buying this if it's a Marushin clone. If ASG can do this, why not KA?

Have you seen the SAA by Win Gun? They put a bloody safety on it. A safety. On a single action revolver. Also, no hop-up, oversized the grips and philips screws everywhere.

Get the KA and just put in your own hop up:

20 hours ago, DiscoBiscuit said:

Dan wesson?

Link?

On 12/28/2018 at 11:57 PM, renegadecow said:

Have you seen the SAA by Win Gun? They put a bloody safety on it. A safety. On a single action revolver. Also, no hop-up, oversized the grips and philips screws everywhere.

Get the KA and just put in your own hop up:

I would avoid them all. KA had a chance to do something relevant but it looks like they pinched out a turd. Find a Tanaka or maybe WE will take a stab at it...surprised they haven't. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived