Youtube Channels worth sharing.

Lone_Bullet

Got a few really good Youtube channels ( no single videos please ) that are high quality and very informative? 
Please share here.

Here is mine, will update as I feel.

Ahoy: documentaries about weaponry and games. Does quite a bit of miscellaneous subjects.
Soviet Womble: Pure funny game videos. Decent bloke with the head firm on his shoulders. Look for the '' videos.

Have a good few hours of viewing pleasure!

Level 1 Techs - fringe aspie computer channel with excellent linux coverage.

Forgotten weapons/In Range TV two channels with Ian McCollum and Carl Kasarda covering firearms, rights, competition shooting and other fascinating things.

This Old Tony - machining and shop talk.

AvE - tool disassembly/review and shop talk.  This guy is a legend.

Linus Tech Tips - more mainstream tech channel.

Broughy1322 - Excellent GTA 5 racer, more coverage recently on the 5M/project homecoming stuff - "random all" races are amazing

Beaglerush - Now, he hasn't updated in a year because he is concentrating on Twitch (BeagsandJam) which I also recommend but if you want to see one of the best XCOM players in the world crushing it on Ironman/Impossible then this guy is awesome.

Computerphile - real computer nerds nerding it up.

Numberphile - computerphile's sister channel - maths nerds nerding it up

Mighty Car Mods - Two Ozzy guys having a great time messing with cars (also MCMTV2)

Kevin Smith - The director of Clerks etc. and Marc Bernardin (excellent comic book, TV and magazine writer) do a show called Fatman on Batman (recently changed to Fatman Beyond) where they talk about geek culture and answer audience questions.  Long but good.

MotorTrend Channel - Particularly Roadkill (Finnegan [fabricator/car nut] and Freiburger [hot rod encyclopedia and legend] go on mad adventures in old American muscle)

That should get you started.

They are all excellent.

Good shout on This Old Tony, one of my favourites for sure, pretty much the youtube standard for being educational and funny now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/featony/videos

Bigclive is another good one, mainly electronics stuff but lots of poops and giggles.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bigclivedotcom/videos

Jeff Quitney, lots of old archive video, so many infact there is bound to be a number of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/user/webdev17/videos

You can lose hours to forgotten weapons, I love that channel! 

As said, Bigclive too, but I just dabble with that as most electrickery is witchcraft. 

While I appreciate Alec steels work, I just cannot stand him. 

For building stuff, I really like Jimmy diresta. 

Alfie aesthetics for a knowledgeable buffoon messing around camping/bushcrafting in the UK. 

Dutch bushcraft knives for good reviews and not taking themselves seriously. 

Demolition ranch because he has all the guns and isn't serious about it. 

The urban gentry for lovely lovely wristwatches

electroBOOM. 

8 hours ago, shmook said:

You can lose hours to forgotten weapons, I love that channel!

Ian is fantastic, I'm not that interested in firearms in general despite liking airsoft but his channel presents them in a much more interesting and educational way than any others, I feel like I've only really scraped the surface of what he has available to watch.

For machining related kind of stuff Wes Johnson is another good shout imo, production value isn't anything like This Old Tony but he has a much more realistic approach to projects than many others, particually when compared with the hobby ones where time seems to be of little importance, something at least I appreciate as someone running a small one man machine shop with limited time and resources.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kEuLCRUrWAvHlupobn4aw/videos

I quite enjoy Garand Thumb, but stay away from the comments section it's insane.

For movie reviews I like Christ Stuckman and The Flick Pick, Rossatron, Ryan Hollinger, 

I love Dan Bull's video game inspired music, he's brilliant and not what I'd normally listen to but I eagerly look forward to each new video.

Dslyecxi, for his Arma videos.  He's a fantastic ingame pilot and does some excellent tutorials for Arma 2/3.

Lindybeige, Scholagladiatoria and History buffs for the historial stuff.

And for something completely random Steve1989MREInfo

This is really weird.  A Lockpicking Lawyer video has just appeared in my recommended section.  I don't think I've watched a lock picking video for a good few years and never heard of Lockpicking Lawyer until this thread and suddenly it's in my recommended section :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived