VFC MP7 AEG looks closer and closer

Wingmann

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Wingmann said:

The only saving chance for this gun could be the Powair6 HPA kit for it, and even then, the price of the magazines pretty much kill that option unless you are really bent on it.

I mean... It looks like a decent aftermarket set of gears would solve this particular problem. At $360 this gun is now $10 cheaper than the Scorpion EVO3A1, which is wildly popular despite post-2018 models shipping with pretty crappy (albeit very easily changed) gears. I love my EVO, which has been the best out-of-the-box airsoft gun I've ever owned. However, if I were less heavily invested in the EVO as a platform and the MP7 had better aftermarket support and an MP7A2 variant, I would probably swap the ASG for the VFC, expensive magazines be damned. It does all the same things the EVO does while being even smaller, and that's a big priority for my CQB guns.

1 hour ago, Isamu said:

isn't it cheaper to just get an AEP (TM or Well) and put one of those small hpa engines? honest question

Much cheaper, but the AEPs are ABS and only about 90% of the size they should be. Both are fairly serious disadvantages for a gun you'd be spending $750ish on, given that the solenoid engine ($360 alone), chassis and harness assembly is $520 and a TM MP7 AEP is about $225.

I would hazard a guess that any solenoid conversion for the VFC will be even more expensive, given that it will need to tie in the stop-on-empty and bolt release features. If I was going to invest $500-600 in upgrading a gun, paying an extra $135 to have the 1:1 GFP VFC instead of the 0.9:1 ABS TM as the base would be a total no-brainer, especially if the VFC would have stop-on-empty and the bolt release tied in.

The EVO is an awesome gun OOTB. I had one of the very first samples of it, and it's still running fine in the hands of a squad member. Magazines are equally expensive for both, or thereabouts.
If Powair would get in touch with VFC and managed to get empty shells for their HPA engine or on a slightly worse scenario, VFC would mount Powair's solution, it would be an awesome win-win.

Archived