LCT AK electric blowback kit is out

Ubijza

I was following this for ages and it is finally out. I could never own an ordinary AEG AK as they are meant to kick and do ra-ta-ta-ta-ta :) 

These kits retrofit into any LCT (any VFC clone?) AK, although battery needs a place to go - easy in a fixed stock, mods needed in the folding guns. 

English review:

Japanese review, shooting :

Same Japanese guy, ranking a top 10 of AEG AK's and putting the LCT one top- ahead of TM 2009 EBB AK's and the more recent TM AK47 "new gen electric recoil":

Been following this as well.  I wouldn't mind throwing one into my LCT RPK (mainly because for some unholy reason I cannot get it's stock gb to fire in semi) or give it a go in my old full stock cyma/dboys 74.

I just want to know if they plan to make these kits with a downgraded spring by default for both the UK and world market.  I say this because I would love to be able to get a kit like this if it was actually field legal where I live, which my RPK was not as per the case with just about every kalash family replica save for TM.  Put it either 350 fps or between that and 400 and I'd be a happy camper.

I do really want to put one of these in my E&L AKS-74U, but I've also seen BOLT's new AKS-74U BRSS, which basically seems to come with this system preinstalled. I'd really like to see them tested back-to-back to figure out which has the better recoil - that's going to be the decision-maker for me.

Redwolf HK have the kits (one for the 47 and another for the 74) at $200. No FPS is mentioned.

I've not seen a Bolt AKS-74U in the flesh, I would like a recoil short AK. I'm guessing LCT will be releasing full guns, wonder why the kits first....

Age old question that be.  They may be thinking that they want to test the waters and see how folks will go for the system itself before pumping out models with it already installed (which leads to the argument of why not force people to buy complete replica at higher price instead).  Had GBBR systems not progressed as they are so far/HPA come back into focus displacing most of the higher end purchases made by players,  LCT might have released this in models to start with in hopes of wrestling the hypothetical growing recoil aeg market shares from companies such as TM, KWA, etc.

I am going to probably conclude that the gearbox main spring is either the same or perhaps even higher now though sadly.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update as to the fps question, from the comments of the AATV video it is indeed 1.6J / 420 FPS which means it is just their regular gearbox internals with the new motor.  Definitely not interested in having to take it apart just to make it field legal and risk it acting up like my current lct gearbox so sadly I won't be testing this out (my wallet much happier though).

Archived