Anyone still around from the old days?

3 minutes ago, heroshark said:

And my Spring-soft page for the more heavy airsoft related material.

You're quite right mate. Sounds weird, considering you do a lot of reviews.... I hadn't considered it a "review page", more of a niche sub section of Airsoft. Bit like the Sniper only pages, but with significantly less ego 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone's interested in nostalgia, I've just rehosted JustPistols. You can find it at http://justpistols.epizy.com Apologies for typos/broken links/etc/etc/etc... Cheers.

So for anyone interested, I played again! And yes, I had a great time! Not sure I'll play regularly, but nice to dip my toes back into the gaming side of it all. Thought playing with only GBBRs w

Posted Images

On 1/17/2019 at 5:22 AM, bladerunner168 said:

But also, and I hate to pin this on age, dedicated users of forums, who are of a certain age, have just gown up and they now have different priorities.

*Probably should* have different priorities. Some of us are still playing regularly. Some of us play every weekend as if they were still in their 20s.

Guilty.

:D

• Like 2
I didn't stop playing because I got old, I stopped playing because I don't have any friends to go anywhere with.
I feel your pain.
And I don't fancy driving for hours to a site for mediocre sportmanship and pukeworthy airsoft influencers like Clearshot or what's his face.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ardrummer292 said:

Any plans on skirmishing again? I've got a desk job nowadays, so getting out and playing is the only thing preventing me from turning into a lard bucket.

As a lard bucket, it's not that bad... but yeah, I've cut irnbru, Pepsi and Coke out, not that Irnbru is any good now with the friggin aspartame... 

My plan is as soon as I can fasten one of my sets of webbing around my gargantuan belly I'll be heading out for a couple games at the local establishments... 

7 hours ago, ardrummer292 said:

Any plans on skirmishing again? I've got a desk job nowadays, so getting out and playing is the only thing preventing me from turning into a lard bucket.

Not sure yet. I have zero kit other than boots and the guns themselves, but then, never was a geardo!

TBH I've seen folks in sweatclothes and hunting outfits play better than the fully kitted folks (and even the less kitted like myself).

If I could get out more than once a month maybe it'd help with my health, though tbh it usually does the opposite with my body sore and not functioning right just in time for the Monday workshift...

14 hours ago, Gunmane said:

If I could get out more than once a month maybe it'd help with my health, though tbh it usually does the opposite with my body sore and not functioning right just in time for the Monday workshift...

I find that I'm in a better mood all week if I play the weekend prior, soreness be damned. Nothing like a bit of vigorous activity to get the endorphins flowing.

• 1 month later...

lol Titleist, he was admitting to breaking several different laws on this forum way before he got popped for exporting stuff.

Some of the mods, that are no longer here, made the forum pretty toxic and let their ego get in the way.

I stopped logging on mostly because I was already talking to other members off the forum, then my local field closed down, and i got into real steel. I pop in once in a while to check the news section or see if any gear is being sold. I miss the camaraderie

I've been here since 2005.

I liked the old days with those like Havoc / Hissing Sid / Snowman / SpedzFX / R22 / Hitman etc.

Personally I hate Facebook and prefer forums, but this place is very quiet now. I don't think the VCRA helped either, as quite a few on here were collectors / chairsofters who could then suddenly no longer purchase anything new due to a lack of defense. Not everyone has the time to go skirmishing.

I still pop in for the news and I like the picture threads.

• Like 2

I'm still bere just about.

I joined pre 2006 I think, in the glory days before VCRA etc.

For the last few years I've been running a variety of owners groups on Facebook.

MK23 Owners group, I left that when "personalities" started giving me abuse for not immediately censoring their critics...

Sorry Heroshark you got left with that mess.

The A&K Masada owners group got killed by Facebook bots.

The SR25 Owners group likewise got killed.

The Airsoft Glock owners group too.

I still run the

ICS M4 owners group and Airsoft Ruger MK1 owners group but they are poor substitutes for a proper forum.

I think the problem as people have said in this thread is that players want instant gratification. Instagram and Facebook feed that.

Sadly I think players in general have got worse too.

Very few are willing to put any effort in to research stuff.

I don't play much anymore, normal skirmishes leave me saddened.

Jim..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CALLAHAN_88 said:

This place is the future i can promise you guys! :)
Facebook is closing moore and moore sites with guns and it will go on til all is gone.

And how fun is an facebook site without pictures?

I have just bought this gun from BBWERKZ, is it any good? show me your MTP Loadouts, has anyone used Taiwan gun?

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/24/2019 at 4:01 AM, gisburn20 said:

Sadly I think players in general have got worse too.

Very few are willing to put any effort in to research stuff.

I imagine I'm perceived as lazy on facebook myself, but that's largely due to the disaster that is facebook post archiving. The old adage of "use the search function" falls flat when searching doesn't work. Forums are superior in this regard, among many others.

• Like 1

By research stuff I actually meant try stuff out themselves, barrel/bucking combos etc, people want to be given a magic bullet.

They want to be told use x barrel with y bucking and z bb brand and you will hit 100m when in actual fact every gun is different.

I'm glad to be snuggled back in the warm and cosy world of Arnies.

Jim.