Anyone still around from the old days?

On 3/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, gisburn20 said:

By research stuff I actually meant try stuff out themselves, barrel/bucking combos etc, people want to be given a magic bullet.

They want to be told use x barrel with y bucking and z bb brand and you will hit 100m when in actual fact every gun is different.

To be fair, that sort of thing was present on forums too. Not *this* forum, thanks to the moderating team, but certainly less well-run forums.

It seems facebook is rife with spoon-feeding requests. Likely because people can easily report your page if their feelings get hurt by the moderating staff.

• Like 1
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone's interested in nostalgia, I've just rehosted JustPistols. You can find it at http://justpistols.epizy.com Apologies for typos/broken links/etc/etc/etc... Cheers.

So for anyone interested, I played again! And yes, I had a great time! Not sure I'll play regularly, but nice to dip my toes back into the gaming side of it all. Thought playing with only GBBRs w

Posted Images

i have been gone for a couple of years too, and i was quite surprised to see this place this deserted, do you guys know what happened to the more iconic persons here 

does candyman still build custom airsoft rifles?

did dobey ever come back after he had that customer that wasn't satisfied with his build?

is renegade cow still building in pvc or did he eventually upgrade to aluminium

whatever happened to that ridiculous kid that came up with those crappy builds (you know that one that glued a box the the slide of his handgun to replicate some anime pistol?

is stealthbomber still around, and what about punkypink?

did the crimson falcon come to this forum after airsoftretreat closed down, anyone knows what bb he was using after bioval stopped the production of their BBBMAX?  

Not seen stealthbomber or punky pink on here for years. 

The crappy build kid was called typewriter I think. They disappeared too, but I do recall the name popping up again, but I'm not sure if that was a different account with a similar username. 

Renegade cow is still here, and uses anything to build with. Usually magic and unicorn dust. 

Not seen candyman for years either, and don't remember dobey or crimson falcon. 

• Like 1

I remember Stealthbomber and Punkypink, wow that takes me back, Candymans builds were amazing but I fear he's long gone, Dobey made me a few really well engineered parts back in the day, a silencer adapter for my Ruger mk1 and an M14 scope rail that replaced the rear sight.

I have a feeling that Dobey became a youtuber possibly under the name caferacing? Not certain though as it was at least 5 years ago.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, DarkLite said:

TM AK47 because it has a 600 round hicap and you can fit a large 8.4v nicad in the butt

Also, no barrel wobble.

12 hours ago, dominique.g said:

i have been gone for a couple of years too, and i was quite surprised to see this place this deserted, do you guys know what happened to the more iconic persons here 

[snip]

is renegade cow still building in pvc or did he eventually upgrade to aluminium

He's still here. I'm currently pestering him via PM with some technical performance-related questions about the TM M870.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DarkLite said:

Not really, but it's a 20 minute bus ride from the city center.

Yeah the problem is for everyone here but thee and me:

On 4/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, gisburn20 said:

Edinburgh may be a tad far for me, unless its a weekend long event with camping.

Jim.

Theoretically a block booking in a hotel or an airbnb etc would do, but schlepping gear to and fro on busses sounds far less interesting than beer and burgers around a campfire... 

Though if we can find a couple of sites near each other, one running Saturday one on Sunday lodgings between the two might make for a decent long weekend of pew-pew glug-glug nom-nom... 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, cazboab said:

Yeah the problem is for everyone here but thee and me:

Theoretically a block booking in a hotel or an airbnb etc would do, but schlepping gear to and fro on busses sounds far less interesting than beer and burgers around a campfire... 

Though if we can find a couple of sites near each other, one running Saturday one on Sunday lodgings between the two might make for a decent long weekend of pew-pew glug-glug nom-nom... 

Fair, but there is plenty of room on the site to set up tents and such. I can ask and see, worst they can say is no!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, sandstorm said:

Hmm, would be interesting, but Brexit and rif importation for a game could get tricky or worse. 

Don't worry, if Brexit happens you'll be able to buy a TM recoil shock in the UK for about 3 potatoes

• Haha 1

Rentals/loaners are probably the best option for anyone coming in from outside the UK anyway, the law on importing RIFs applies to anything crossing the border already, so nothing brexit related (unless we have a revolution and scrap the vcra...) will change it.