Anyone still around from the old days?

Just logged on after 14-ish years outside of the UK Airsoft scene, but I did play a couple of games in Sweden in the mean time (I'm sure there are folks here who have been to or at least heard of Berget).  Hoping to get back into things once the all-clear from COVID-19 sounds, so I've already started gearing up (will have to rent a rifle to begin with though, since mine is in Sweden and importing it would be a bit risky).

Crazy how many people are coming back around the same time.  Looking forward to seeing some of you in the field! 😁

• Like 1
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone's interested in nostalgia, I've just rehosted JustPistols. You can find it at http://justpistols.epizy.com Apologies for typos/broken links/etc/etc/etc... Cheers.

So for anyone interested, I played again! And yes, I had a great time! Not sure I'll play regularly, but nice to dip my toes back into the gaming side of it all. Thought playing with only GBBRs w

Posted Images

Seems like a lot of 'old timers' are coming back into airsoft.... maybe it's got something to do with Covid and the lockdown and realising how much good fun airsoft used to be....I know I'm all pumped up to start playing again.... bought a 417 and a 416 over the last few months and I'm eager to get out there....... 

• Like 2
On 6/30/2020 at 12:09 PM, yoda2031 said:

Just logged on after 14-ish years outside of the UK Airsoft scene, but I did play a couple of games in Sweden in the mean time (I'm sure there are folks here who have been to or at least heard of Berget).  Hoping to get back into things once the all-clear from COVID-19 sounds, so I've already started gearing up (will have to rent a rifle to begin with though, since mine is in Sweden and importing it would be a bit risky).

Crazy how many people are coming back around the same time.  Looking forward to seeing some of you in the field! 😁

Sites are for the most part now open, however all of the ones I've seen won't offer rental equipment due to covid and such. I'm no longer a UKARA holder, but when I did I essentially imported some RIFs on behalf of a guy who was moving here from France and it went smoothly - may be worth investigating whether you could arrange something similar. 

Edited by Skarclaw
9 hours ago, Skarclaw said:

Sites are for the most part now open, however all of the ones I've seen won't offer rental equipment due to covid and such. I'm no longer a UKARA holder, but when I did I essentially imported some RIFs on behalf of a guy who was moving here from France and it went smoothly - may be worth investigating whether you could arrange something similar. 

Thing is, it's a PTW - that thing set me back €1,000 and no offence but I wouldn't really trust some random guy who I've never met to import it for me.  I mean, once I've played a few skirmishes and got to know some of the guys it might be an option but by that point I might as well get my own UKARA membership.

Also I'd kind of prefer to leave that one in Sweden anyway, Berget is a special game, it deserves a special rifle :)

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, yoda2031 said:

Also I'd kind of prefer to leave that one in Sweden anyway, Berget is a special game, it deserves a special rifle :)

True about Berget... Not that I ever made it there, no team, and getting there on my own would have been a real hassle without a car, either.

Just hope it doesn't go entirely pear-shaped in Sweden, or it might be even further than summer '21 that next Berget gets run...

Edited by sandstorm
23 hours ago, sandstorm said:

True about Berget... Not that I ever made it there, no team, and getting there on my own would have been a real hassle without a car, either.

Just hope it doesn't go entirely pear-shaped in Sweden, or it might be even further than summer '21 that next Berget gets run...

Yeah I'm keeping a close eye on the situation, atm it seems like summer '21 should happen but who knows how things will progress from here.  Either way I'll be going to *the next* berget, whenever that may be!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a brief flirtation with airsoft in about 2005-6, came to Arnie-Geddon in 2005 and ended up joining Havoc's merry band of geardos lol.. anyone know what's become of him? I see he's shown as banned on here (again lol) I don't know why i stopped really, i was going to start up again in 2012 but it never happened. So now in the middle of a pandemic i discover there's a field only a few miles away from me. Time to build up my gear again i think to get rid of the bear belly. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in China working for the last 7 years now 2 in Canada, mostly away from airsoft and related forums (I would occasionally travel back to Hong Kong to play). I started playing in 2002 up until 2015 . I joined Arnie’s in May 2003. I turn 60 next February... in storage still in HK I have all my guns and gear which I unfortunately cannot legally get my guns here back to Canada. If some knows how I’m interested to know.

Recently I have purchased a few guns, mostly for just collecting and plinking here on Vancouver Island. This is my first post on Arnie’s probably since 2011.

Kalbs

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wotcher peeple.

I'm just checking in on Arnies after a ... what'ya callit.

I've just got given an old TM5-7 with swollen hopunit and I'm browing for info if there's a 3rd party, sturdy hop available.
This brings back memories, man.... that and broken dreams xD.

Ah, to airsoft again. Sure is better than old man jogging.

Have a good one, all of you :)

• Like 4
  • 5 months later...

On my discharge appeal just can say that I moved to Scotland, have been playing until covid (in bubbles of 6 players per respawn) and then "my" site lost the forest so... maybe will try Fife as they seem to still have a place and players but I applaud the spirit of players in Scotland.